The Phonics Museum will teach your kids to read in record speed. It's so much fun they'll be begging you to play!
Phonics Museum is both entertaining and educational fun.
Teaching children to read at a young age is one of the best things parents can do for children’s future academic success, but knowing how or where to start can be overwhelming and often confusing. The Phonics Museum takes the stress and guesswork out of teaching kids to read by doing it for you with fun storytelling combined with a multi-sensory approach kids LOVE!
How do you start?
1. Download the app.
2. Start your 14 Day Free Trial
3. Add your child.
4. Watch your kids become readers!
Every child has a unique learning style. At the Phonics Museum, we recognize this and teach “with the grain,” so whether your child is a:
• hands-on kinesthetic,
• visual, or
• auditory learner,
Phonics Museum is built for them.
Kids ages 3-7 will be transported into a magical interactive museum as they follow Phonics Museum characters William and Wendy through the reading adventure of a lifetime! Everything comes to life at the Phonics Museum! Kids will learn to write long before they’re able to hold a pencil and write by writing with their fingertip--an incredible advantage.
With a membership to Phonics Museum:
• Your children will learn to read and write in no time!
• Engage with over 900 games, videos, early reading books, memory songs, and exercises
• Master the Phonics rules with Miss Biddle, Percival, and other fun characters
• Engaging, interactive learning with live action and animation
• Add as many as 3 children to the same account
• Explore art, animals, and history as they learn
• Easily cancel anytime
Your child can try Phonics Museum FREE for 2 weeks. If you enjoy your trial, you don’t have to do anything at all, and your membership will automatically continue if you choose to remain a member.
If you subscribe via iTunes:
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes Account after your 2-week free trial period ends
• Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
• Cost of the renewal is US$9.99 per month or US$98.99 annually
Choose from two app subscription options!
• Monthly Membership offers unlimited access on any device for $9.99 per month.
• Annual Membership offers unlimited access on any device for $99 per year.
• Both subscriptions all of up to 3 children per account.
• Cancel your membership at any time.
Miss Biddle and Percival are waiting to meet you and your kids, so let’s begin your Phonics Museum reading and writing adventure TODAY!
Awards & Reviews:
Based on the award-winning phonics reading curriculum from Veritas Press, the most awarded Classical Education curriculum provider over the last 20 years.
"Guess who just read her first book on your app?!!! Our four-year-old (not even four and a half yet) is reading! Thanks for making such an awesome app!!!"
"My four-year-old loves playing on the app and will beg me each day to let her do lessons on it. Through the fun and engaging atmosphere of the app, she quickly learned the letter sounds and started putting them together to form words. And we only used the app for a month before she read her first book on it! The app has made learning to read fun and enjoyable. We have loved it!"
The Phonics Museum had a couple more leaks in the roof that Miss. Biddle, Percival, and the rest of the museum worked hard to fix! Now they'll be able to measure progress better with more in-app event monitoring and start games and lessons faster!
Ratings and Reviews
Avatars Are Lacking; Offer More Diverse Ones
Ok, I read a review of this app from a fellow teacher and had to get it for my son. The steep price is an investment that I’m happy to make. However, I’m already having misgivings b/c of the avatars.
As a teacher I am versed in the potential efficacy of digital educational games. Since digital games are a form of embodied learning, it is rational (and good economic sense) to have the audience identify with game avatars as this makes the learning process more “realistic”.
At this point, my son will not identify with the male avatar and will not say “that’s me!” when he views that avatar. This sustained gap between the digital world of the game and his physical self (as a dark-skinned Black boy) will prevent him from “buying into” the game. The game would fail at “hooking him” and its potential efficacy will be compromised.
I want K, my son, to immerse himself in the game to the point that he becomes intrinsically motivated to finish ALL the levels and therefore learns to read. Without an avatar that looks like him I know that his immersion into the Phonics Museum world will not occur.
Why not offer a choice of avatars, one dark-skinned and one light-skinned avatar for each gender, for starters? Frankly, at this point in our digital age (and this price point) I expected more diverse representation and will likely drop the game during my trial period.
I really wanted to like this because one of my favorite homeschool bloggers had a podcast or two sponsored by this app and it sounded awesome. The concept is great but I’m not really willing to pay a monthly or yearly fee for an app.
Also maybe I am just crazy but the attitude on the little boy in the app was crazy to me. Complaining that things were boring or saying things were dumb. The attitude alone has turned me off to wanting to let my son continue to use the app. Maybe his attitude improves but come on! Learning is exciting! Going to a museum is awesome. Anyway... The target for this app is 3 years old and up. Let’s try not to create or enforce attitude problems with our kids.
If you can get over the first little bit I’m sure it’s a fine app. I don’t know.
Love it for K, wish it went through 1st
Hi! So my daughter went through the entire program and it really DID teach her to read. I supplemented with the physical versions of the books, so she would feel comfortable "picking up a book" as part of the learning to read process. It was engaging and incremental without getting boring. We loved all the characters. There were a few glitches along the way that I hope they've figured out.
My only complaint is that I wish it progressed through the 1st grade. As a busy home educator of 5, I would have loved for my daughter to be able to keep going into all that is covered with the physical version of Phonics museum 1st grade.
- Veritas Press, Inc.
- 124.8 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Veritas Press, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Membership $9.99
- Membership $98.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.