Phonics With Phonograms by Logic of English
By Logic of English
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A fun, effective phonics recognition game that eliminates exceptions and provides a complete picture of the phonograms needed to read and spell!
- Ten guided levels to introduce and master the 74 phonograms needed to read and spell 98% of English words.
- A fun matching game to master the phonograms.
- A simple flashcard method for quick review.
- Eliminates unnecessary exceptions by teaching all the sounds for each letter and multi-letter phonograms from the beginning.
- Select lowercase, uppercase, and multi-letter phonograms to create a custom game.
- Tracks individual progress and mastery for multiple users.
- Allows parents and teachers to see at a glance which phonograms have been mastered, which need more practice, and which have not been introduced yet.
- After a phonogram has been correctly answered five times, a star is placed on the card in the selection screen to indicate mastery.
- A fun and effective way to introduce anyone ages 2-adult to the phonograms.
- An ageless design that is loved by young children and adults alike.
- Works in both portrait and landscape mode.
- Students and teachers may create custom games to coordinate with other Orton-Gillingham based reading programs.
- Designed to accompany Logic of English Curriculum and Materials.
What's New in Version 1.1.2
Fixed bugs preventing the app from running in ios8. Included the /z/ sound with the x phonogram.
Is awesome and does exactly what it is supposed to!
This is an app designed to support a method of teaching reading and spelling that will get rid of illiteracy if implemented. It is awesome for struggling readers, dyslexics, and all those tired of hearing how hard English is, when it is not! Hence the name, Logic of English! Got for my four! What a great way to practice all the phonograms and track multiple students progress! Thank you. It is even better than I thought it would be.
Loving even more as we use! Truly a great tool to strengthen phonemic awareness! My 7 year old can't get enough!
One note: found 1 error on level 3. The letter is l but the sound is d .Please fix when you can. Thanks.
Great Supplement to the full Logic Of English Curriculum
This app is a useful supplement to the complete Foundations Logic of English program we are using in our homeschool. It helps reinforce advanced phonics with my kiddos while freeing me up to do other things, and is able to show what sounds/concepts they may need me to review with them. My only complaint is that some of the sounds are over-pronounced (the letter "w" is miss-pronounced "wuh"), a sadly common dificulty with phonics teaching resources.
Perfectly simple and effective
As a parent, psychologist, home educator, app developer, and regular person, I say: THIS is one of my favorite apps. I greatly appreciate that there are no games or gimmicks or bells and whistles. It is simple and does EXACTLY what it claims to do. My kids have learned a lot from this app.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Oct 08, 2014
- Version: 1.1.2
- Size: 15.0 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Pedia Learning Incorporated
- © 2013 Pedia Learning Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.