IT WORKS! This is a complete phonics and reading curriculum for beginners. Over 52 hours of lessons! From introducing letter sounds to reading complete stories, this adaptation of the time-honored McGuffey reading method comes to life as a rich interactive learning experience!
Right away, students are engaged in letter recognition accompanied by charming animations. Phonics Flashcards follow up each lesson. Students learn at a natural pace. New words are introduced right after teaching the individual phonetic components. The student then read complete stories accompanied by the beautiful original color illustrations of Robert Schoolcraft.
Comes with games and exercises including:
• Word Truckin’ - Load up your truck with the right letters, and she’s off!
• Train for Words - The train is coming up the mountain! But it needs the right words to keep on chuggin’!
• Phonics Blender - Hear your own word creations with the Phonics Blender! Thousands of fun possibilities!
Other great features:
• Supports up to 10 students, and provides student progress saving and tracking.
• Teaches to visual, kinetic and auditory learners
• Designed for non-readers
• Accelerate students to first-grade reading level
• Includes special font for dyslexic readers
This app is authentic to the original school book, “McGuffey's Eclectic Primer Revised Edition”.
Invest in a reading tutor with infinite patience - “Phonics and Reading with McGuffey”.
55% reduction in file size
Ratings and Reviews
Bring back the videos!
This version (5) removed the mouth videos making the value of this half of what it was before. Previously it was the only phonics app with mouth videos which made it perfect for ABA speech video modeling. Now, this app is much less useful for me. It's just another flash card set. My delayed learners learn better through video (as the research also suggests) so now this app doesn't help me nearly as much. I've started phasing it out of teaching since my learners are expecting the mouth video and are now confused. Such a miss. Bring back the mouth videos!
This is wonderful!
So many apps want you to pay before even being able to try them out. It’s nice that the app will not let you go to the next stage without fluency. The progress reporting is a great resource. Will definitely use the other products made by this developer & would love to see apps for other subjects.
I likewhathe did to interpret these readers. Some elements are better than others...fast words and spelling are the best!!Improvement would be to type the patterns of syntax with missing letter elements to improve the writing elements!! I like this program!,
- Scott Yannitell
- 99 MB
- Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Scott Yannitell
- In-App Purchases
- Unlock all content $17.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.