• format of graphical representation of the sound (music, human voice, etc.); in other words, it is the 2D audio barcode (by analogy with the QR-code);
• real-time PhonoPaper-code reader (using the camera);
• PhonoPaper-code generator (sound to image converter).
• PhonoPaper-code is analogue, so it is not so sensitive to different types of the image distortion (bad camera, dark picture, wrinkled paper, etc.); at least you will hear the "silhouette" of the original sound;
• PhonoPaper does not require access to the network; its code is self-contained;
• PhonoPaper-code can be played in real-time with hand-controlled speed and direction;
• PhonoPaper-code can be drawn by hand (paper version of the Virtual ANS synth).
Examples of usage:
• voice messages (or pieces of music) on the billboards, posters, postcards, goods;
• audio labels for phonorecords;
• audio examples in some textbooks;
• secret messages;
• learning the basics of the spectral music.
PhonoPaper is based on the Virtual ANS engine - it is a software simulator of the unique Russian synthesizer ANS. So if you want to make more complex PhonoPaper-codes - use the Virtual ANS.
Default PhonoPaper-code length is 10 seconds. But you can make it shorted or longer - playing speed can be changed manually.
* camera selection and rotation (in the system settings);
* bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Could be amazing?
I'm still messing with it and looks really neat, especially the "Save As Photo" feature. However, that exact feature doesn't seem to work for me...yet anyway. As soon as I "Save" the app crashes to the home screen and nothing is in my photos. I'm on iOS 10 on iPhone 5s so maybe my device is too archaic?
How do you unlock paid version?
Unique and wonderful
Fascinating app from a consistently innovative developer.
Sound and vision!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.