Back-to-School Sale: 20% discount on select apps from Expressive Solutions. Sale ends September 14.
PhonoPix version 2.0 is an exciting update to the engaging phonological app with flashcard and matching activities. The highly requested group scoring feature is available for collecting scores in flashcards on up to 4 children at a time. A group of students can now collect data as they practice sounds in words and sentences with a speech-language pathologist, their parents, or independently.
PhonoPix is a phonological app and the companion to our successful articulation app called ArtikPix. PhonoPix has flashcard and matching activities with minimal pairs to contrast children's incorrect responses with the target responses. Example minimal pairs include “tea” and “key,” “ton” and “sun,” “bee” and “beach,” and many more.
PhonoPix has 10 decks with 40 minimal pairs in each (400 total pairs) for the following phonological processes: prevocalic voicing, word final devoicing, final consonant deletion, fronting (palatal and velar), marked blend reduction, unmarked blend reduction, gliding (“l” and “r” sounds), stopping, backing (palatal and velar), and initial consonant deletion. Children view the minimal pairs in double-sided flashcards by flicking through an album and tapping an around button. In the matching activity, children have fun matching the minimal pairs in three different levels: easy with 3 pairs, medium with 6 pairs, and hard with 10 pairs.
During the flashcard and matching activities, children practice by listening to the recorded audio, recording their voice to self-monitor, and collecting scores (aka data). Scores are collected only for the cards representing the target response. The scores are then saved in the app or exported with information regarding the phonological process practiced.
The flashcard and matching activities include the following features:
• Group scoring in flashcards to collect data on up to 4 students at a time
• combine card decks and specify ordering
• choose sounds groups to practice
• color coded cards
• auto-play of audio recordings
• tap-to-play audio
• record your voice and play the voice recording (external mic/earphones with mic needed for iPod touch prior to 4th generation)
• collect scores by tallying for specified sound groups (e.g., beginning th, er)
• tallied scores are automatically converted to percentage based data
• save scores in the app with timestamp
• copy scores to clipboard, email, and Google Spreadsheet
• configurable options for app sounds (e.g., audio recordings) and visuals (e.g., hide matched cards, unmatched card delay)
• Audio feedback for scoring
• Multi-tasking for iOS 4.2
• Sound group title added to the top of flashcards and matching cards to clarify scoring
• iOS 6 support
What's New in 2.0
• Group scoring in flashcards to score up to 4 students at a time
• Group scoring in flashcards enables scoring of multiple productions and multiple
students on each target card
• Detailed scores organized by individual students in the Saved Scores
• Matching card audio can be repeated by tapping a card face side up
• Two unmatched cards in the matching activity don't turn back to face side down until another card is turned over.
Ratings and Reviews
I’ve used this app with many of my students and it has Lord them recognize their sound errors! Please update! It was not a cheap purchase! I’m giving it 2 stars for the lack of update! If updated, I would give it 5!
Needs updated to run on iOS 11
Will not work on new iPhone/ iPad until the program is updated. $30 waisted I want my money back or the app to be updated so I can use it! Overall it was a good app when j was able to access it, very sad it is no longer Available to me...
Can’t use with iOS 11!
I paid $30 for this app and used it regularly. Now, I have an expensive app that I cannot use because it hasn’t been updated, and I have not heard anything from the developer!!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.