Breakthrough DTS Play-Fi(R) technology powers simple, great-sounding whole-home wireless audio systems for smartphones and tablets. You can stream your favorite tunes over Wi-Fi right from the Play-Fi app to speakers from DTS Play-Fi product partners. It's a huge step up from Bluetooth - the audio quality and reliability are outstanding, and you can enjoy music from your phone in one room, or all your rooms.
The "Hi-Fi over Wi-Fi" listening experience is just a touch away, thanks to this handy app. Choose a speaker, choose a song, and your favorite tunes are streaming all through the house.
The app offers built-in streaming options: stream from worldwide music services; use AM/FM and Internet radio, connect to DLNA servers, or play anything from your device's music library, including your iTunes playlists. The app automatically organizes and indexes the music for you.
The app also handles set-up for your speakers, and gives you full control of volume and speaker selection. Choose one, set up speaker groups, or stream to all of them at once. Manage speaker groups for Spotify Connect, too.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you have a Play-Fi product from Polk Audio, Definitive Technology or Phorus, please search for and download the custom Play-Fi app for your audio brand.
Please also note that the Play-Fi app is companion software to audio products enabled with Play-Fi technology. It is not intended as a stand-alone audio player.
• Alexa Cast: DTS Play-Fi products that support “Works with Alexa” can now use the Cast functionality in supported apps, like Amazon Music
• Sling: The above products can now have the audio playback transferred to them from the phone/tablet when streaming from Deezer, iHeartRadio, Internet Radio, Napster, Pandora, Qobuz, SoundMachine, or Tidal
• Play-Fi Playlists: Save any queue of songs from any of our music services as a Play-Fi Playlist to easily recall your custom track lists
• Sync Helper: Automatic synchronization calibration for DTS Play-Fi products connected to hardware that has additional audio processing
• Airplay discovery bug fix
Ratings and Reviews
Took me a while to see what this speaker can do.
I’m a Mac user since 89. Now this speaker brings more than any I’ve seen. Perfect for me.
Love the synchronized audio in my family room and bedroom. Easy to setup.
Terrible 'update' a couple weeks ago. I see why market share is so small if they can push such a difficult to navigate app. Makes me want to return all 9 speakers. Please fix this!
- Phorus, LLC
- 227.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018 Phorus, Inc
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.