Photo Cast for Chromecast #1 app for video, photo & slideshow casting.
By Swishly inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The easiest way to enjoy your own photos & videos on the big screen.
*** App Requires a Chromecast device for your TV ***
A REALLY BIG DISPLAY changes everything!
- Share photos or videos with family and friends by beaming them to your TV from one or multiple iPhones/iPads.
- Select your photos/videos manually from your iPhone's albums, or start a photo slideshow and let the good times roll. Want a soundtrack? Add songs from your music library to your slideshow.
- Create your own custom slideshows by picking individual photos or entire albums, make a soundtrack from your music library.
- Multiple iPhones/iPads can beam photos & videos to a single screen.
- Start a slideshow, and keep it running in the background.
- Turn on the multicast feature to cast slideshows to multiple TVs at the same time.
- Cast from 3rd party photo applications who support iOS8 photo sharing.
- 3 video resolutions available
* 360p for weak wifi conditions
* standard HD 720p
* Photo Cast is the only app to offer full HD 1080p resolution (after PLUS upgrade)
- 4 photo framing modes:
* screen fit (your entire photo, shrunk to fit your TV frame)
* full screen (centered)
* full screen (pan)
* full screen (centered on faces) - (with PLUS upgrade).
Note that the 'faces' feature works best when both eyes + mouth are visible, and does not currently work with cloud slideshows.
- Custom slideshows can keep going uninterrupted for hours after you leave the room with your iDevice (in-app purchase)
***** Compatibility *****
If your TV is compatible with chromecast, photo cast will work. In other words, all you need is an HDMI port on your TV.
The picture is optimized for your TV's resolution so you will be making the best of your TV. All resolutions are supported
***** Mobile HotSpot (MiFi) users *****
If your WiFi is powered by a Mobile HotSpot (MiFi), your MiFi device may need additional configuration to allow your chromecast dongle to request images from your iPhone/iPad on port 8081/8082 over HTTP. It may just work out of the box, but we recommend trying the following steps if it doesn't:
1. Port filtering should either be completely disabled, or if enabled, HTTP communication should be allowed on port 8081 & 8082
2. Privacy separation should be disabled
3. If all fails, enable port forwarding with these settings
- protocol: HTTP
- port range: 8081 to 8082
- destination ip: the ip address of the iOS device running photo cast
***** Important Notices *****
- Cloud-powered slideshows will automatically upload your photos to a private cloud.
- If you experience frequent buffering with videos, make sure that both your chromecast and your iPhone/iPad have a good wifi signal reception. Should all else fail, pick a lower resolution.
- If you are experiencing any issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't help you if we don't hear from you!
What's New in Version 4.6.1
I just bought ChromeCast this past week and have been trying to get as much functionality out of it as I do with my AppleTV. Being able to stream photos/videos from my iPhone was really the last thing I needed to conquer. After seeing really bad reviews with other apps I stumbled upon this one and I have been really impressed! This has been working great and after just 10 minutes, I decided to upgrade to the Plus option, primarily to remove the little watermark but also to support the developer’s effort for creating this. The only suggestion I have at this point for a future release would be to enable a picture ‘swipe’ feature, so that instead of tapping on the photo you want to stream, you can finger swipe the screen to advance to the next photo in the album. Other than that, this app is perfect!!
🍀 Best photo App! 🍀
You could easily become obsessed with this app. This app does photos movies and music better than any app out there. It's so easy to use and does so very much that you simply can't quit coming up with new things and new ideas. Family and friends see this app and have to have it. The upgrades are worth it to complete the picture, and it's extremely reasonable. Casting small pictures to your big screen with the big sound is just absolutely Beautiful. You owe it to yourself try this one out. It is the reason I purchased a Chromecast!
Nice, does the job and more
Title says it all. The only app I could find that actually gives you some control over your display options ('fit screen’ is used by most apps by default - the problem is that it will make your portrait photos look ridiculously small & a wast of a big-screen TV).
Also, doesn’t hurt that the videos work great.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 21, 2015
- Version: 4.6.1
- Size: 16.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Swishly inc
- © Swishly Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Photo Cast PLUS$2.99
- 2 Hours Playtime$1.99
- 12 Hours Playtime$5.99
- 240 Hours Playtime$31.99