Photo Cast for Chromecast #1 app for video, photo & slideshow casting.
By Swishly inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The easiest way to enjoy your own photos & videos on the big screen.
*** App Requires a Chromecast device for your TV ***
A REALLY BIG DISPLAY changes everything!
• Share photos or videos with family and friends by beaming them to your TV from one or multiple iPhones/iPads.
• Create your own custom slideshows by picking individual photos or entire albums, add songs from your music library to make a soundtrack .
• Multiple iPhones/iPads can beam photos & videos to a single screen.
• Start a slideshow, and keep it running in the background.
• Cast from 3rd party photo applications that support iOS8 photo sharing.
• 3 video resolutions available
- 360p for weak wifi conditions
- standard HD 720p
- Photo Cast is the only app to offer full HD 1080p resolution (after PLUS upgrade)
• 4 photo framing modes:
- Screen fit (resize photo to fit your TV frame)
- Full screen (centered)
- Full screen (pan)
- Full screen (centered on faces) - (with PLUS upgrade).
• Some great features for small businesses & events:
- Let the cloud take over: loop your slideshows uninterrupted without tying down your iPhone/iPad.
- Turn on multicast to cast slideshows to multiple TVs at the same time.
Note that the face detection feature works best when both eyes + mouth are visible, and does not currently work with cloud slideshows.
***** Compatibility *****
If your TV is compatible with chromecast, photo cast will work. In other words, all you need is an HDMI port on your TV.
The picture is optimized for your TV's resolution so you will be making the best of your TV. All resolutions are supported
***** Mobile HotSpot (MiFi) users *****
If your WiFi is powered by a Mobile HotSpot (MiFi), your MiFi device may need additional configuration to allow your chromecast dongle to request images from your iPhone/iPad on port 8081/8082 over HTTP. It may just work out of the box, but we recommend trying the following steps if it doesn't:
1. Port filtering should either be completely disabled, or if enabled, HTTP communication should be allowed on port 8081 & 8082
2. Privacy separation should be disabled
3. If all fails, enable port forwarding with these settings
- protocol: HTTP
- port range: 8081 to 8082
- destination ip: the ip address of the iOS device running photo cast
***** Important Notices *****
- Cloud-powered slideshows will automatically upload your photos to a private cloud.
- If you experience frequent buffering with videos, make sure that both your chromecast and your iPhone/iPad have a good wifi signal reception. Should all else fail, pick a lower resolution.
- If you are experiencing any issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't help you if we don't hear from you!
What's New in Version 4.7.1
Minor bug fixes
🍀 Best photo App! 🍀
You could easily become obsessed with this app. This app does photos movies and music better than any app out there. It's so easy to use and does so very much that you simply can't quit coming up with new things and new ideas. Family and friends see this app and have to have it. The upgrades are worth it to complete the picture, and it's extremely reasonable. Casting small pictures to your big screen with the big sound is just absolutely Beautiful. You owe it to yourself try this one out. It is the reason I purchased a Chromecast!
Nice, does the job and more
The only app I could find that actually gives you some control over your display options ('fit screen’ is used by most apps by default - the problem is that it will make your portrait photos look ridiculously small & a waste of a big-screen TV).
I am more of a photo guy, but it sure doesn’t hurt that the videos work great too.
Best of the bunch
I tried a bunch of chromecast photo casting apps, this one is the best in my humble opinion. Here is a quick breakdown of what makes this app stand out.
-> Great UI, easy to navigate.
-> A lot faster than the other Chromecast apps available.
-> The panning feature is perfect with panoramic photos.
-> Inexpensive: the main upgrade at $2.99 is really well priced, especially considering the number and the quality of features that get unlocked.
-> There are a number of advanced features that make it the only choice for the more demanding users (I won’t get into the details here)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jun 17, 2015
- Version: 4.7.1
- Size: 15.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Swishly inc
- © Swishly Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Photo Cast PLUS$2.99
- 25K Cloud Impressions$2.99
- 500K Cloud Impressions$59.99
- 250K Cloud Impressions$29.99
- 1M Cloud Impressions$119.99