Photo Video Cast for Chromecast: your media at its best.
By Swishly inc
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The easiest way to enjoy your own photos & videos on the TV.
Photo Video Cast is the #1 chromecast application in its category, with powerful features presented in a straightforward, simple interface. Try it out!
*** App Requires a Chromecast or AndroidTV device for your TV ***
A REALLY BIG DISPLAY changes everything!
• Share photos or videos with family and friends by beaming them to your TV.
• Create your own custom slideshows by picking individual photos or entire albums, add songs from your music library to make a soundtrack .
• Multiple iPhones/iPads can beam photos & videos to a single screen.
• Start a slideshow, and keep it running in the background.
• Cast from 3rd party photo applications that support iOS8 photo sharing.
• 3 video resolutions available:
- 360p for weak wifi conditions
- standard HD 720p
- Photo Cast is the only app to offer full HD 1080p resolution (with PLUS upgrade)
• 4 photo framing modes to make the most of your large screen:
- Screen fit (resize photo to fit your TV frame)
- Full screen (centered)
- Full screen (pan)
- Full screen (centered on faces) - (with PLUS upgrade).
• Some great features for small businesses & events:
- Let the cloud take over: loop your slideshows uninterrupted without tying down your iPhone/iPad.
- Turn on multicast to cast slideshows to multiple TVs at the same time.
Note that the face detection feature works best when both eyes + mouth are visible, and does not currently work with cloud slideshows.
***** Compatibility *****
If your TV is compatible with chromecast, photo cast will work. In other words, all you need is an HDMI port on your TV.
The picture is optimized for your TV's resolution so you will be making the best of your TV. All resolutions are supported
***** Mobile HotSpot (MiFi) users *****
If your WiFi is powered by a Mobile HotSpot (MiFi), your MiFi device may need additional configuration to allow your chromecast dongle to request images from your iPhone/iPad on port 8081/8082 over HTTP. It may just work out of the box, but we recommend trying the following steps if it doesn't:
1. Port filtering should either be completely disabled, or if enabled, HTTP communication should be allowed on port 8081 & 8082
2. Privacy separation should be disabled
3. If all fails, enable port forwarding with these settings
- protocol: HTTP
- port range: 8081 to 8082
- destination ip: the ip address of the iOS device running photo cast
***** Important Notices *****
- Cloud-powered slideshows will automatically upload your photos to a private cloud.
- If you experience frequent buffering with videos, make sure that both your chromecast and your iPhone/iPad have a good wifi signal reception. Should all else fail, pick a lower resolution.
- If you are experiencing any issues, please contact us at email@example.com. We can't help you if we don't hear from you!
What's New in Version 4.8.0
- Soundtracks can now be created and managed independently of custom slideshows
- You can now play a soundtrack while running a slideshow derived from a standard album
- Bug fixes & misc user experience improvements
Works as promised !
Wouldn't normally have written this so fast after downloading but this one works as promised and pretty smoothly. If you have a Chromecast, it's the fastest way of seeing photos and videos from your IOS device on your TV. Took all of 2 minutes. Take some time going through the settings for an optimal experience. Once I got it, thought it worth paying $3 since I tried some other similar Apps that weren't worth it.
I finally got Google Chromecast for Christmas, and downloaded this app to view my photos and videos. Works perfect! The pictures are crystal sharp and videos look and sound great also. I thought they might be grainy on a 44" screen, but they were awesome! Great App!
Works perfectly, love it!
I have this app for a while now and It works perfect every time!
Sharing moments with family and friends is very easy and casting always works! It detects chromecast without any issues and video and photo cast works nicely!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 05, 2015
- Version: 4.8.0
- Size: 21.9 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Swishly inc
- © Swishly Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Photo Cast PLUS$2.99
- 25K Cloud Impressions$2.99
- 250K Cloud Impressions$29.99
- 1M Cloud Impressions$119.99
- 500K Cloud Impressions$59.99