Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
SIMPLE THINGS MUST REMAIN SIMPLE.
Photo cropping, one of the most important tasks in image processing is becoming unnecessarily difficult. Well, it just got simple again.
At cf/x we have taken our in-house crop tool, and created a sharply focused, simple to use app out of it. With this easy to use, versatile pro-level tool you can crop your photos the way it should be: SIMPLE. QUICK. FOCUSED. FUN.
- drag & drop any image to crop
- preserves your original - unless you really, really want otherwise
- convenient crop presets for most paper sizes and devices
- refined aspect ratio control
- convenient rotate & align tool
- fully integrated Margin/passe partout manager
- provides optional fixed output sizes for iPad, iPod, iPhone
- has three color schemes for work on bright or dark images
- finely tuned user interface for this one task.
- many different advanced composition controls, including Rules-Of-Thirds, Fibonacci-Spiral (Golden Rule), Diagonals
- real-time read-out of dimensions and aspect ratio
- direct export to many file formats, iPhoto, Aperture, email, Preview App, social web, desktop picture
- full EXIF support
- quickly apply your current settings to multiple images
Please note that most likely you already have a tool that can crop images (for example iPhoto). Whatever you are using, this app is merely much, much better. At cropping images. Nothing else.
What's New in Version 2.5.0
- improved compatibility with OSX 10.10 Yosemite
one omission keeps it from 5 stars...
this app, and its big-brothers (photo crop pro ($10) and photo ($20)) all share one flaw. it's not a huge deal, but one that could be easily fixed and make the requirement to jump into another app an non-issue... IMAGE SIZE!
the ability to crop to almost any aspect ratio, including custom settings, is what sold me on this app which I then recommending to a non-designer client. I use this one when it's not worth the time to open up photoshop just for a simple crop job before adding images into clients' content management systems. the omission of image sizing prior to export makes me need to use another app (apple's preview does the trick nicely), but it's largely unnecessary.
I grab the stock photos clients request, save them down to our aspect ratio to be used on a special spot on their homepages, but then I need to bring that cropped image into preview in order to reduce the size to a specific set of pixel dimensions. if photo crop had a simple resize option prior to export it'd be perfect. for a tool that done one thing, it sure does it well! (really, it does more than just crop, but that's the main use)
Photocrop is Ideal!
This app does exactly what it claims to, and does it elegantly! Not only does it crop your photos (and other images), it allows a number of shapes and styles for you to use. The learning curve on this app is about 12 seconds; after that, your photo is finished and ready to export. This was one of the best apps that I’ve paid for, and it is well worth the price! My only criticism of this well-functioning and well-designed app is its black, plain icon - boring!
- Category: Photography
- Updated: Jan 24, 2015
- Version: 2.5.0
- Size: 11.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: cf/x AG
- © 2011 - 2014 by cf/x AG
Compatibility: OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor