A simple app that shows all the photos on your iPhone, iPad and your iCloud Photo Library that were taken on this day throughout the years.
MacStories.net: Once you’ve put all your photos together you deserve an app to easily relive all your memories and discover old pictures again. Photo Flashback does exactly this.
AppAdvice: It’s a simple but smart app, and one users will enjoy. Now, however, Photo Flashback is even better.
Be surprised every day! You can also look up any day of the year, perfect for special occasion days like birthdays and anniversaries!
- Enable notifications for when you have Flashback photos
- Today widget
- iMessage app
- Watch OS app, Glance, Complication and custom Notification
- Favorite or delete a photo from within the app
- Include or exclude this years photos
- Share a photo using the build-in system share sheet
- Your privacy is important, especially regarding your photos. All of the functionality of the app is done locally on your device, even notifications. When downloading a photo from iCloud, the app asks iOS to do it. Sharing is done only when the user chooses to do it.
Some behind the scenes maintenance
Ratings and Reviews
Pretty cool app, needs full screen viewing
First off love the app. This should be in the stock photos app in memories. No clue why it isn’t. You emulate the photos app pretty nicely but I find myself tapping on the image to show it full screen with black borders, like how the photos app does, but of course it doesn’t work. Would love to see that feature added in. It’s a great free app. Love it.
Also as I use it more I find it crashing when swiping through photos and they are in iCloud Photo Library but not downloaded to the phone. Seems when you swipe though and they consecutively download it makes the app crash.
Perfectly simple = simply perfect!
This app is totally ideal. Exactly what I was looking for. Please don’t ever make it more complicated. I love looking back at my photos this way!
Wish there was a way to change the size of photo thumbnails.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.