Photo Friend is a no-frills exposure calculator app, for photographers and movie makers that know their way. The app can also work as light meter by using the phone camera. The calculator can estimate depth-of-field, too.
* Easy and intuitive exposure calculator. No typing, no configurations! Just drag each gauge (absolute exposure value, ISO, shutter speed, aperture) to the desired value. The other gauges move to make good exposure. For example, if you change EV, ISO and aperture, the shutter speed adjusts accordingly. (The EV meter only moves by itself when you use the light meter feature.)
* Light meter. Grant access to camera when the app asks, and a viewfinder is shown on the main screen. Point to the subject and touch the viewfinder to take a picture. The EV will be estimated with basis on the picture. Histogram and spot metering are available as well.
* Easy-to-use depth-of-field calculator. Just dial aperture, focal length and subject distance. DoF is expressed as numbers and graphically. You can fine-tune the DoF calculation parameters in Settings.
Added ND filter dial. This new dial can be disabled in Settings.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect photo app
I’ve been trying to learn SLR settings for 30 years. After one look, it all is clear! With this app, I can use a light meter, then set my camera and get instant feedback on how some settings effect others.
- Elvis Pfutzenreuter
- 23.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © (c) 2017, 2018 Elvis Pfutzenreuter
- In-App Purchases
- Ad-free & donate $2.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.