Photo Soft Box Pro HD
By Light Paint Pro
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
***PLEASE READ FIRST: Some customers have reported issues with iOS 8+. We will work on an update for this***
"It is the most feature rich Soft Box a photographer can buy and one you carry with you anywhere. If you want it this app has it"
--Note: This app is for lighting your subject, whether it's for off camera lighting or in frame. It is not a camera app. You need another camera to take the photos. --
-Best Softbox app on the App Store .... and we keep making it better!
-#1 app in over 21 countries [as of 4/16/11]
-Seen on "What's Hot" in places and 15 countries
-The longest running #1 app in Canada for lighting
-Outstanding Review on over 8 top websites.
Photo Soft Box Pro is a new way of using your iPad as a creative light source in
your photography setup. Photo Soft Box Pro expands your creativity in the studio
by giving you over 16 stunning textured images to incorporate into your compositions.
View our demo videos at:
FEATURES: Photo Soft Box offers more with over 15 features:
• Full support for iPad 2 HDMI out. Turn any HDTV or display into a photo soft box.
• Works with our optional Remote app*
• 3 blur settings to soften each diffusers/shapes light
• Full RGB Color controls
• Shape rotation
• Shape resizing
• Shape moving
• Brightness control!
• Load any shape for your photo album and use as a diffuser
• Flip and Mirror shape/diffusers
• Use both your iPhone and iPad at the same time!
• 10 preset white balances to match everything from indoor lighting
to bright sunlight (2000k to 9000k).
• 16 diffusers/shapes for different lighting styles
• Turn on and off the black around a shape
• Free shapes every week from our site www.photosoftbox.com
Yup we got it all! Photo Soft Box Pro for the truly creative professional!
With our optional Remote app, be inspired in a new way — without interrupting the creative process. The Remote is also ideal for videographers looking for dynamic lighting they can change over time without having their hands block the light.
We love sharing photos and seeing your creativity! Join us on:
Our site: http://www.lightpaintpro.com
• Add drama to your photos, add a color cast for enhancement, and/or add eye shine to your model — it’s only the beginning of the creative ways you can use the tools already in your pocket.
• Difficult or tight shots just became simpler; devices using Photo Soft Box Pro are easy to position and keep from the camera's view.
• Eleven different diffusers offer dramatic light patterns. Imagine the possibilities for capturing that stunning shot.
• Use Photo Soft Box Pro as your only light source or as a supplement to traditional light sources. Use additional iPhones, iPads or iPod Touches to control your lighting environment.
Photo Soft Box Pro for the truly creative professional!
It is the best light source a photographer can buy and one you carry with you anyway.
* "Photo Soft Box Pro Remote" and can be found at the app store!
What's New in Version 3.7
We know there is a problem with PhotoSoftbox Pro Remote and iOS 7.0. We are working on fixing the problem.
I like it. Haven't had chance to use it extensively yet - but see a lot of potential for some fun experimentation. I like the option to use iPhone as a remote control to adjust settings on iPad so there is no need to move anything after set up.
One thing that was (surprisingly) overlooked again in this last update - the buttons/lights are backwards/switched for the buttons to flip horizontally and vertically. If you press the Vertical Flip button it flips Horizontally and the Horizontal indicator lights up. If you press the Horizontal Flip button it flip Vertically and the Vertical indicator lights up. Should be simple fix. Maybe nobody really uses these options....? But I like them and it's just a little silly to not correct the issue. BUT, that was about the only 'issue' I have with this app.
Lots of potential fun and interesting photos to be made in the right hands.... 😄
First impression is good
My hardware, iPad 2, and iPhone 4s
I'm using this (and other Soft Box Pro apps) on my iPad and downloaded the "PSB Remote" software. You need to download PSB Remote to use one or the other device to control the application from remote. Together, you have complete control of the app(s) from your iPhone. I'm using it to shoot some origami that I make ... Liking the results so far.
The only thing that is not great is the iPad is not really very bright. I'm using another adjustable LED "torch" for top/side lighting and this seems to be working pretty well if adjusted correctly (not overwhelming the brightness of the iPad screen. I will be trying some backlit shots this evening when it's darker.
I'm going to give it 4 stars based on my first impressions ... it's working, and it's giving me the results I was hoping for. Good enough for me, and pretty cool software.
BTW, sometimes the bluetooth connect is a little flakey ... it's bluetooth ... it's always been a little flakey imo. It has not been a concern using the app for me, i'm patient, and it has normally connected on the second attempt for me, when not the first.
Really pretty great
This is an application for taking macro shots of small objects, or lighting subjects from close distances. Used in conjunction with the remote iphone app, which works great, btw, you have hands-free control over how your subject is lit. Lots of creative options abound! Not sure why people are trashing this app, they either aren't doing something right (which is hard to do) or don't understand what this app is for. If you're a photographer, you'll find a use for this.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 05, 2012
- Version: 3.7
- Size: 9.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jeff Paradiso
- © Jeff Paradiso
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.