Photo-Sort for iPad
By Romain HENRY
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Want to organize and name your photos and videos as you want, directly on your iPad, and without needing to go through a computer, use Photo-Sort.
On trip or on the road and no computer within reach, don’t wait to be drowned in a flood of photos or videos, or to forget where or when they have been taken, or what they represent, organize them and name them directly on your iPad with Photo-Sort.
The only app that enables you to:
• Organize your photos and videos on the road and do a backup on your computer once at home
• Create sub-folders
• Transfer whole folders while keeping their hierarchical organization
• Keep the original quality of your photos
Photo-Sort enables you to:
• Create folders and sub-folders
• Import photos and videos from the device's photo library (multiple selection available)
• Modify the compression rate of the imported photos
• Have the imported photos and videos, automatically numbered with the current directory name
• Cut, copy, paste, delete, and rename folders, photos, and videos
• Rotate or flip photos
• Easily export/import folders, photos, and videos to/from your computer
(supported file formats at import: tiff, tif, jpg, jpeg, gif, png, bmp, BMPf, ico, cur, xbm, mov, mp4, mpv, 3gp)
• Email photos and videos
• Copy photos and videos to clipboard
• Upload photos and videos to camera roll
• Upload photos and videos to Facebook
• Protect the application access with a passcode lock
• Have a folder overview with as picture illustration, the first item of its content
• Browse your photos and videos with an advanced viewer, quite similar to the one from Apple
• View your photos in their original resolution after few seconds with no move
• Mirror it on an external display (requires an AV or VGA cable)
• Stream videos wirelessly (only works with AirPlay-compatible devices)
• Print photos wirelessly (only works with AirPrint-compatible printers)
• Tweet photos (only for iOS 5.0 or later)
• Store photos and videos on iCloud and wirelessly push them to all your devices (only for iOS 5.0 or later)
What's New in Version 1.5.1
- Fixed hang happening after playing a video on iOS versions lower than iOS 7.0.
- Fixed status bar not hidden in the viewer when controls are hidden.
- Fixed wrong thumbnail orientation for the videos (only for the newly imported).
OK but needs a little work
For 2 bucks I figured I'd try a little test. I have over 20GBs of trip pics on my PC that I wanted to xfer to my Mini, in the same nicely structured folder scheme.
For the first 3GBs the FTP server worked perfectly. The next 17 took a little longer as the PC FTP client would randomly timeout. It was a pain cleaning up after this but I did eventually get everything xfered.
So now I do have all of my pics organized correctly on the Mini. Viewing them uncovered another minor (but annoying) bug. When you tap the pic to present a full screen view, the screen goes black after a few seconds. Tapping the screen again will restore the full screen view until you swipe to a different pic.
Obviously I can, since I have, put up with these bugs. If there was another App that allowed me to xfer and view my PC pics this way I would not have used this App. But ...
Kind of almost works.
I have several thousand photos on my iPad. I decided to organize and off load them. Saw this app, made a trial run. The feature set is adequate. But.... It has failure mode where it won't copy all that you have selected. Sometimes it will copy only one photo. No error message or anything. Very annoying. However, I did find that if it do a hard reboot it will work okay again for a while. So while not perfect, it is probably worth two bucks.
Simple and useful
I have been using this for several years. I like the way it can rename files in bulk as you add them to a named folder. It is simple, versus iPhoto, and for example does not constantly stop working in order to update photos, as do some iPhoto versions.
I only hope they keep updating the app, and get a new icon image that is more stylish in design.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 07, 2013
- Version: 1.5.1
- Size: 12.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Romain HENRY
- Copyright © 2010 Romain HENRY. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.