GoPro Browser allows you to browse and download videos and photos recorded with GoPro Hero 2 and 3 (White/Silver and Black Edition), Hero 3+, and Hero 4 cameras directly over Wifi.
- Support for GoPro Hero 2 (with Wifi Bacpac), Hero 3 White/Silver/Black Edition, Hero 3+ (all types), Hero 4 (all)
- Fast thumbnail preview of videos and photos (with caching)
- Download video preview and full resolution pictures directly over Wifi/WLAN on your iPhone and iPad
- Copy video preview and pictures to photo gallery for further processing
- Real-time video streaming (long tap on video thumbnail in "Camera Browser")
- Video player and photo viewer (long tap on thumbnail in "Downloaded" section)
- Support to download thumbnails and full resolution media in background (multi-tasking)
- Support for all GoPro video formats (video playback is not fluent for all formats due to limited Wifi bandwidth and processing power)
- Option to open downloaded media with external apps (for instance VLC Player) using the "Open with app..." action
- Support for newest GoPro firmware
- Delete individual files directly on Hero 3 cameras over Wifi (latest firmware required!)
- **New**: Support for Hero 4 cameras.
- The GoPro Hero has to be powered on.
- Importing of videos to the iOS gallery works only for some formats (e.g. <=1080p, <=30fps, no Protune). Most of the video formats recorded by GoPro cameras are not supported by the iOS gallery and thus cannot be imported. But all formats can be played with the integrated GoPro Browser Video player.
- Opening big videos with external apps ("Open with") can take some time because the video the video is duplicated (which means 1GB video requires another 1GB for the duplicate!)
- The Wifi speed of the GoPro cameras is only around 100 to 400 kB/second which means that file downloads of full resolution photos and preview videos can take some time.
Important note for Hero 3 Black Edition users (ONLY for FIRMWARE older than 29-JULY-2013): to enable Wifi access on the Black Edition you have to copy a file to the SD card on your GoPro. The file with detailed instructions is available here: http://www.tequnique.com/goprobrowser
+++ Disclaimer +++
This app is an alternative app for controlling GoPro Hero cameras. We are not affiliated with GoPro Inc. in any way.
Ratings and Reviews
App would not update
I was told by Harold Meyer to delete and download again. However in being asked to purchase it again not pull from the cloud
Works as expected
This app does what it says it does. I read the reviews first before I purchased it and I was a bit worried. Then I read the reviews of the official GoPro app (which I have been using) and realized that technology baffles a huge percentage of customers.
The rating is more a reflection of customer IQ than the rating of this product, sad but true.
I love this app. You have to put a file on the sd card for hero 2 and 3 but its simple. Copy and then paste it. I use the hero 3 black to remotely take pictures and video and now I can view them without opening the case and download them right into the photos. Only thing that stinks is that its a little slow but much better than opening the case and hooking it all up.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.