The easiest way to enjoy your own photos & videos on your TV.
Photo Video Cast is the #1 chromecast application in its category, with powerful features presented in a straightforward, simple interface.
*** App Requires a Chromecast or AndroidTV device for your TV ***
A REALLY BIG DISPLAY changes everything!
• Share photos or videos with family and friends by beaming them to your TV.
• Create your own custom slideshows by picking individual photos or entire albums, add songs from your music library to make a soundtrack .
• Multiple iPhones/iPads can beam photos & videos to a single screen.
• Start a slideshow, and keep it running in the background.
• Cast from 3rd party photo applications that support iOS8 photo sharing.
• 3 video resolutions available:
- 360p for weak wifi conditions
- standard HD 720p
- Photo Cast is the only app to offer full HD 1080p resolution (with PLUS upgrade)
• 4 photo framing modes to make the most of your large screen:
- Screen fit (resize photo to fit your TV frame)
- Full screen (centered)
- Full screen (pan)
- Full screen (centered on faces) - (with PLUS upgrade).
• Some great features for small businesses & events:
- Let the cloud take over: loop your slideshows uninterrupted without tying down your iPhone/iPad.
- Turn on multicast to cast slideshows to multiple TVs at the same time.
Note that the face detection feature works best when both eyes + mouth are visible, and does not currently work with cloud slideshows.
***** Compatibility *****
If your TV is compatible with chromecast, photo cast will work. In other words, all you need is an HDMI port on your TV.
The picture is optimized for your TV's resolution so you will be making the best of your TV. All resolutions are supported
***** Mobile HotSpot (MiFi) users *****
If your WiFi is powered by a Mobile HotSpot (MiFi), your MiFi device may need additional configuration to allow your chromecast dongle to request images from your iPhone/iPad on port 8081/8082 over HTTP. It may just work out of the box, but we recommend trying the following steps if it doesn't:
1. Port filtering should either be completely disabled, or if enabled, HTTP communication should be allowed on port 8081 & 8082
2. Privacy separation should be disabled
3. If all fails, enable port forwarding with these settings
- protocol: HTTP
- port range: 8081 to 8082
- destination ip: the ip address of the iOS device running photo cast
***** Important Notices *****
- Cloud-powered slideshows will automatically upload your photos to a private cloud.
- If you experience frequent buffering with videos, make sure that both your chromecast and your iPhone/iPad have a good wifi signal reception. Should all else fail, pick a lower resolution.
- If you are experiencing any issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can't help you if we don't hear from you!
iOS11-related bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Chromecast is such a “hoot”. I love viewing my photographs on my tv screen. It’s such a great way to show off your work to friends and family. It shows only those pix which I take with my iPhone or those that I have downloaded from my DSLR to “Photos” on my computer. Unfortunately, I cannot Access my main photo library in Aperture. That is what I would really like to be able to do. But as it is, it’s just great and so much fun.
🍀Best photo app🍀
This is my favorite app on my iPhone. It plays music extremely clear! The photos look great on the big screen TV, and the way it's set up is better than any other photo app I've seen. Love showing the photos on my phone on the big screen with music to friends and family. You got to have this app❤️❤️❤️
Will waste a lot of your time and make you angry
On an iPad Pro running iOS 11.1.2, connected to a 4K 65” TV with perfectly normal Chromecast, this program freezes about every 6 photos into a slide show.
When it does work, the premium version will not allow you to have a photo fill the screen. I have large enough images from my Nikon DSLR yet this app seems to keep them 1/3 the size of the screen no matter what I do.
I’m bothered I wasted $2.99 and an hour of my time on it.
- Swishly inc
- 63.3 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Swishly Inc
- In-App Purchases
- Photo Cast PLUS $2.99
- 25K Cloud Impressions $2.99
- 250K Cloud Impressions $29.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.