pho•to•cop•i•er (foh-tuh-kop-ee-er): An app that creates a photographic reproduction of a printed or graphic work made with a process in which a new image is formed by the action of proprietary image analysis, color, texture and light.
We have painstakingly analyzed the brightness, color, tone, detail, grain and texture of some of the world’s greatest paintings, photos and historical photographic processes. The DNA of these masterpieces can now be applied to your very own images with PhotoCopier. The color, tone and brightness of the original work are replicated while the texture, grain and detail are simulated.
Make any picture look interesting. Good, bad, ugly—PhotoCopier doesn’t care. You supply the image, we supply the secret sauce. Combine the two and create a new work of art.
- Pick from 91 Academy Award nominated movies including Apocalypse Now, Blade Runner, Frankenstein, Gone with the Wind, King Kong and The Lord of the Rings.
- Choose from 72 paintings from artists such as Cezanne, Chagall, Greco, Leonardo, Monet, Rembrandt, Renoir and Van Gogh to name a few.
- Select from 40 Photos by various masters of photography including Abbott, Andreev, Cunningham, Fenton, Nadar, Outerbridge, Stieglitz and Weston
- Try one of 30 historical processes, some of which are Ambrotype, Cyanotype, Liquid Emulsion, Kallitype, Palladium, Salt Print, Vandyke and Wet Plate
- Color, tone and brightness replication
- Texture, grain and detail simulation
- Add a vignette to any preset
- Modify images with presets or sliders
- Edit in portrait or landscape mode
- Quickly search for presets
- Integrated Help
- No arbitrary resolution limits
- Native retina support
Screenshot photos Copyright © www.ronchapple.com
* 64 bit support
Ratings and Reviews
Desperately Needs an Update
Hasn't been updated since 2010! Where did the developers go?
Would just like to see this app updated a bit to show that its developers haven't abandoned it. This app is a fantastic texturing tool that adds just the right bit of oomph to an otherwise plain photo. It has a crap-ton of filters to choose from ranging from Movies to Paintings to duplicating retro Photos. The filters are applied quickly (no need to go to the bathroom or heat up some popcorn) and are easily customizable through a slider adjustment. Adjust color, tone, texture, grain and more. This app is the PhotoFX of textures.
One of my favorite and most used apps. I highly recommend it. A good tip for using this app is to apply a filter, but then slide the Color, Tone and Brightness filters all the way to the left (to restore to the original photo's settings). You keep the feel of the original photo, but have that wonderful texture.
Has some great filters but slow to use....
There are alot of great filter mods but the names of the filters and the tiny thumbnail preview does't really give you much to see before applying the filter. So you're left some some approximation of what you are applying, Then the effect takes a few seconds to render. Then, if you want to see other options, its back to the long list of options to select again. It would be a better user experience if one could open the pic to be modified, select a category (ie. movies, paintings, photos, processes), then have the user swipe to apply the next filter effect. Of course, this would also require a much faster processing as well. Overall, $1.99 is a decent price, but...it's a little slow to use, which caused me to continue my search for another photo editing app.
"It's a rip-off..."
There is much more implied by the concept of the app than it can possibly deliver. Nothing you can take a photo of will look remotely like, or feel remotely like the artist whose painting is shown as a filter. It would be nice if the images were manipulated not only in color and tone but with paint styles, sort of like the vector approach the studioMee does with PaintMee, a much more interesting app in my humble opinion as a photographer/darkroom enthusiast since 1961 and painter since my years at Pratt Institute Brooklyn in the early to mid '70s.
The sales team did a good job of letting the buyer infer that the algorithms are far more sophisticated than they actually are. But considering the price, in this case you definitely get exactly what you pay for...yet another lame color and tone filter.
As a fine artist I'd be insulted by this app more if it were presented any more seriously or cost more than it does.
Please, why do we need this kind of deceptive advertising? The examples photos are a pretty safe indicator of just how little this app does compared to its lofty aspirations. I wonder how it got through the Apple Store's rules and regs while a really inventive company like studioMee has to revise and work harder just to get there next free update out to us??
- Digital Film Tools
- 37.8 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Horror/Fear Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Realistic Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2010-2017 Digital Film Tools, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.