PhotoDesk - for Instagram
By Benedikt Terhechte
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
** The BEST Mac App for Instagram! **
View, comment, and like Instagram content. With Analytics. With Multi-Account support. Uploading and downloading is prohibited by Instagram.
The perfect Instagram tool for brands, agencies, small businesses, and pro users!
Of all Mac clients, Photodesk allows you to use the most features of Instagram on your Mac and even exceeds Instagram’s functionality.
- Video Support
- See Pictures on a Map
- Search for Places
- Search for Tags
- Statistics & Analytics (Requires in-app purchase)
- Sophisticated Comment Management
- Sophisticated Account Management
- Fantastic, modern UI, optimized for Mac OS X Yosemite & El Capitan
"PhotoDesk provides a slick, simple, desktop way to view and appreciate the photos of others."
* Comment Features:
- See which comments you replied to, star comments, search within comments, and much more.
- See all comments for all images from multiple accounts in one screen
- Quickly reply to comments
- See which comments you already replied to
* Receive News and Notifications
- See when you get new comments, likes, or followers
* Creates bookmarks for different types
- Bookmark Tags
- Bookmark Places
- Bookmark Users
- Bookmark Images
- Place Bookmarks in folders
- Place favorite tags in the sidebar, automatically see if there're new images tagged with that tag.
- Search tags, save favorite tags, see related tags
** Impression analytics features (In-app purchase required):**
The *Comments* view offers powerful comment management features:
- See all most recently posted comments or
- See all comments posted since you last started Photodesk
- Search for specific comments
- Group comments by image or author
- Sort comments by image, author, date, and more
- Star comments and remember which one you already replied to
- Print comments on paper for archival and more
- Export comments as JSON
*Performance Statistics* help you understand how well your account performs. See all your key metrics (likes, comments, followers, averages) in one screen. Understand your upload, comment and follower growth. Most importantly, see the new followers you gained or the old followers you lost based on your image uploads.
*Content Analysis* will give you insights into your own content. Which tags, mentions, or filters gained the most comments or the most likes. Which users are the most active commenters or likers on your images. Which images are highest rated and which images seem to continuously gain new likes.
*Audience Measurement* is the key to better content. See what your followers are sharing and what they're interested in. Which of your followers or commenters are big on Instagram, which tags are they using, which words, mentions and filters do they prefer.
For each User Profile, Photodesk generates a short list of most used tags, words, mentions. This gives you a much better understanding of what this user is interested in or what the account is about.
***** NO PICTURE UPLOAD POSSIBLE because it is forbidden by Instagram****
***** YOU NEED AN INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT TO USE THIS APP******
***** NO PICTURE DOWNLOAD POSSIBLE BECAUSE IT IS FORBIDDEN BY INSTAGRAM ****
* Search & Filter Facilities
Photodesk 3 offers a fantastic search engine to comb through vast amounts of images. You can now create specific searches for every aspect of an image so that you can find the proverbial needle in the haystack.
* Slide Shows
View pictures in beautiful slide shows
* Privacy Support
Automatically log out of Instagram/PhotoDesk with all your accounts when you close the app.
* See a huge amount of images at the same time
Automatically load many images up front to sort or search them
"With slick animations throughout, comment intergration and more, Photodesk is a fine addition to your Mac software collection."
What's New in Version 4.0.1
- Fixed a bug that prevented statistics to be displayed for Photodesk Pro
- Fixed a bug where the sidebar would not display the selection correctly
- Added support for the new Instagram requirement that "Private" accounts can't be displayed anymore in third party apps like Photodesk. Even when the user in question is following the private account
- Improved the looks of the image selection in the icon view
- Added additional help & information
- Changed the menubar icon to look good on dark tinted menubars, too
- Small speed improvements (more to come).
Thanks to Facebook’s Instagram now no longer useful
Facebook ruined Instagram from the moment they acquired it. Now they put developers like Benedict, who has put so much effort in creating and continueously improving a great app, out of business. Sadly there is absolutely no use for this app anymore unless you’re into statistics. The main reason you would want an app like this is to check your feed while on the computer, and have a posiblity to see pictures on a bigger screen than your phone. If Facebook wanted to keep control over the feed, they could have implemented rules for third party apps. Instead, they killed off everything. I have no respect for companies that crush small businesses like that. Perhaps they will allow third party apps to display the feed again, but until then, Photodesk is no longer doing anything but showing public accounts. You can still use the search function, and you can still see people’s posts but ONLY if their account is public, because even when you follow an account but it’s set to private, Facebook/Instagram will not allow you to see it.
Thanks for all your great work over the past few years, Benedict. I hope that you will be allowed to at least display the feed again in the future. Your app always looked great and worked perfectly, and as far as it is allowed to do today, it still does.
The app has been forsaken - Don’t bother.
Sure, new Instagram API wrecked this app. I get that. However, that doesn’t change that this was still a paid app. The developer is claiming a loophole to avoid paid upgrade rules, and the developer is stiffing those who have bought (and encouraged others to buy - which I have personally done for at least 25-30 new customers of this app within the past year) into this community with ditching any above-average features. Suddenly now that the developer wants people to buy a new app, a long-LONG-overdue redesign shows up in the current version.
On top of that, the app isn’t even working for the remaining few things it is supposed to do.
All apps are buggy. I get it. But this developer has lost my trust. I’m getting rid of this app, and discouraging my contacts from paying for the “non-upgrade.” Not only that, but I’ll be avoiding any and all apps that this developer may have developed.
Not Their Fault But This Is Now A Useless App
Not their faiult but this instagram app only sisplays your profile and nothing else. Basically useless at this point. Thanks for turning this app into something completely useless.
- Category: Social Networking
- Updated: Jun 04, 2016
- Version: 4.0.1
- Size: 16.9 MB
- Languages: English, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish
- Seller: Benedikt Terhechte
- © Benedikt Terhechte
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- PhotoDesk Pro$9.99