By Omer Shoor
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Photogene is the ultimate tool for all your photo editing needs:
- It's a full featured photo editor.
- Supports exporting and resizing multiple photos.
- Includes tools for editing and exporting metadata and IPTC.
WIRED Magazine: "Photogene has long been one of the better photo-editing apps for the iPad, but a new update — version 2.0 — turns it into arguably the best around."
- With Photogene you can easily browse, improve and export multiple photos.
- Full featured photo editor: crop, straighten, color adjustments (including histogram and curves), sharpen and denoise, retouch tools and more.
- Export or upload several photos at once. Photogene supports a wide selection of export destinations, including Flickr, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, FTP and e-mail.
- Special effects: center focus, tilt-shift, vignette, frames, reflection, text boxes and much more.
- Presets: large collection of predefined presets. Instantly give your photo a new look and then tweak it yourself.
- Collage maker: combine several photos into one piece of art using a variety of templates.
- Metadata editor: visual display of all the information stored in your photos. Including location on a map, date&time, file size, etc. IPTC editor included.
- Resize your photos as you export them.
- Enhanced RAW support. Photogene can open most RAW files in full-resolution.
Why should I pick Photogene?
- Photogene works directly with your photo library and albums. No need to import your photos.
- The user interface is quick and responsive. Most actions happen in real time.
- The app offers a wide selection of photo editing tools. No gimmicks - they will actually make your photos look better.
- Improving your photos is easy, even if you've never used a photo editor before. If you're a seasoned photographer, you'll find all the professional tools you need.
- Photogene offers a unique photo browser that shows large thumbnails.
- Nondestructive editing. Your edits are saved, but the original photo is always preserved.
- Unlike other apps that export the edited photos in low res, Photogene can open up for editing very large files and supports an export resolution of up to 21 MP.
What's New in Version 4.3
- iOS 8 compatibility.
- Large photos are now loaded faster.
- New font choices for text boxes.
- Fixed Flickr uploading.
THE app when you need precision!!
Love the presets, the watermark and the copyright features; this is the app I use when I need precision, technical and/or artistic. The only thing I can not find now that I THOUGHT used to be an option was making a thumbprint of a photo; whether it was or not (and forgive me if I am just overlooking it), that is my only request. If I want to use a photo as my watermark, I need to be able to make that pic tiny enough to use - as small as, say, my initials; also, there are times when I need to actually print a tiny little picture, even if it will waste a lot of space on my photo paper... It's worth it if you are trying to make a card or scrapbooking project, trust me, and print options for iPhones and iPads used without a computer are still relatively limited, so the options pretty much HAVE to come from the photo editing apps.
I still use the old version for my phone most of the time because it was so simple and easy to navigate, but this is truly one sweet app.
My favorite Photo Editor
After trying a few top rated apps, I find that Photogene is the best one for me. I especially like the feature that let's me select the default resolution to resize to automatically when I save. The crop is fast and easy, I frequently use "Lighten Shadows" & "Darken Highlights" and it is so easy to see and evaluate the results of the adjustments immediately, & to change or reset if needed. Making fine adjustments has been facilitated. Other adjustments that are new to me in this app, called "Clarity" and "Vibrance" are very effective and often used instead of the multiple other controls that could achieve similar results but would take more time. I have used "Photoshop" for many years on PC, and have it on iPad, but Photogene is much quicker to use, more intuitive and fun, & does 99.9% of what I need for editing digital photos on iPad. THANKS TEAM for this professional tool at such an affordable price.
Best image editing app for blogging
I'm very happy with this app since I tried several of comparable others including photoshop touch and camera+.
For me as a blogger (I'm using Wordpress) it is important to be able to create an image with a specific pixel width and height and a decent file size. The possibility to add a watermark and upload via ftp or sftp is also nice. This is the only app I found so far which will provide all necessary functions to achieve that using only one app on your phone or tablet.
1) load image from photo library or take one directly in photogene
2) adjust image to your needs if you have to. I only use the rotation function frequently.
3) crop image using a existing or custom defined ratio.
4) export image to the exact pixel height or width you will need for your blog or website.
5) adjust JPEG quality until the estimated file size fits your needs.
6) add watermark if you like
The only thing I would improve (4/5 stars) would be to be able to edit the custom crop ratio with an exact pixel ratio and save them as presets. At the moment it only allows you to use integer values smaller than 20. So you have to calculate e.g. a 1038x300 is a ratio of approx. 10x3. After resizing the image in step 4) you will get the exact 1038 but the resulting height will slightly differ from 300px.
Anywho, great app and as I said the only app I found for this purpose in the App Store.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Sep 18, 2014
- Version: 4.3
- Size: 24.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Omer Shoor
- © Mobile-Pond
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Collage templates$0.99
- Frames Bundle 1$0.99