By Omer Shoor
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Photogene is the ultimate tool for all your photo editing needs:
- It's a full featured photo editor.
- Supports exporting and resizing multiple photos.
- Includes tools for editing and exporting metadata and IPTC.
WIRED Magazine: "Photogene has long been one of the better photo-editing apps for the iPad, but a new update — version 2.0 — turns it into arguably the best around."
- With Photogene you can easily browse, improve and export multiple photos.
- Full featured photo editor: crop, straighten, color adjustments (including histogram and curves), sharpen and denoise, retouch tools and more.
- Export or upload several photos at once. Photogene supports a wide selection of export destinations, including Flickr, Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, Picasa, FTP and e-mail.
- Special effects: center focus, tilt-shift, vignette, frames, reflection, text boxes and much more.
- Presets: large collection of predefined presets. Instantly give your photo a new look and then tweak it yourself.
- Collage maker: combine several photos into one piece of art using a variety of templates.
- Metadata editor: visual display of all the information stored in your photos. Including location on a map, date&time, file size, etc. IPTC editor included.
- Resize your photos as you export them.
- Enhanced RAW support. Photogene can open most RAW files in full-resolution.
Why should I pick Photogene?
- Photogene works directly with your photo library and albums. No need to import your photos.
- The user interface is quick and responsive. Most actions happen in real time.
- The app offers a wide selection of photo editing tools. No gimmicks - they will actually make your photos look better.
- Improving your photos is easy, even if you've never used a photo editor before. If you're a seasoned photographer, you'll find all the professional tools you need.
- Photogene offers a unique photo browser that shows large thumbnails.
- Nondestructive editing. Your edits are saved, but the original photo is always preserved.
- Unlike other apps that export the edited photos in low res, Photogene can open up for editing very large files and supports an export resolution of up to 21 MP.
What's New in Version 4.2
- New look on iPhone.
- Export as TIFF (look for this option in the Resize entry of the export menu).
- Enhanced RAW support.
- Set file-names when attaching photos to mail (look for "custom e-mail" in the export menu).
- Specify picture size when printing.
- Can now geo-tag a photo on satellite map.
- Fix for the heal tool "halo" effect.
TOP DRAWER, ladies & gents
I own every version of this app and use PG almost daily - it truly is out of the top drawer and a must have for any level of expertise. I got version one when I got my 1st iPhone and didn't even know how to turn my device on & off. Point being that I didn't know a thing about apps or digital photography, but didn't need to be one to use Omer's apps. Yet, being a film photographer for 50 years, I had a good eye and also cared very much about quality results. I can't say enough good things about the app or the developer. I have always gotten prompt responses when I've had any sort of question or reported any problem. Really folks, just go buy this app. Grandma Halmeowni says so. You won't regret it.
Thank you for such a fine app.
Love, love, love this photo app!
This has been my go-to photography app since I first got it. I start -- and usually end -- with Photogene because it is does most of what I need to do every time. It is the most like a professional photography desktop editing program that I have found, and I have more than 30 or 40 photography editing apps, including competitor Snapseed. Photogene allows users to edit levels, noise, etc., all while maintaining the high-res quality when you export. I like it better than any others. Get this app today! And no, I don't know the creators of it not have they asked me or paid me to write this review. I just really, really like Photogene. And with each update, it keeps getting better.
One of the best photo apps for the more advanced user
Have been using PhotoGene since it came out a number of years ago. It has improved with each revision -- and is just about as advanced as you would want for an iPad (unless you are a pro photographer, in which case you would not be using an iPad anyway for serious editing). But considering the effective retouching tools and a very good ability to sharpen and reduce noise, it has been not-much-money very well spent. Layout is logical and practical -- and it has enough auto modes and gimmicky effects to satisfy folks looking for basic editing and enhancement as well. Probably ought to go ahead and get it.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: May 27, 2014
- Version: 4.2
- Size: 24.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Omer Shoor
- © Mobile-Pond
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Collage templates$0.99
- Frames Bundle 1$0.99