Photographers Contract Maker
By MIchael The Maven
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The Original Contract Maker and Model Release App!
Go paperless, reduce clutter, and streamline your contract organization!
Introductory Price- For a Limited Time Only $2.99!
- Create, Edit, Sign and Email Photography Contracts and releases from your iPhone!! Embed images and branding options. Pro Placeholder Pack Upgrade allows for even more customization options.
What users are saying:
"This is a game changer. No more carrying stacks of paper to shoots or client meetings. " - Darren W
"A must have for all pro and semi-pro photographers." - Paul R
"I loved the customization features. The placeholders are HUGE. Flexible enough for anyone needing one page contracts to use. Awesome job!" - Cyndi C
"Brilliant! Michael has done it again!" - John S
- Comes with 4 great starter photography sample contracts:
1. Photo Shoot Contract
2. Model Release
3. Copyright Release
4. 2nd Shooter- Work for Hire
- "Settings" screen allows photographer to enter all of his/her information, including signature. This information is automatically embedded into templates. (Edit and Change your info at anytime.)
- Add, Manage, & Sync "Client" List to and from iPhone Contact list.
- "Auto Embed" Feature automatically inserts Photographers and Clients Information into template contracts. (This is a huge time saver, all you need to do is select which client you want. App will feed their info from your iPhone contact list).
- Select Date (Dual Feature Selection) and Time of Shoot
- Shoot Date and Time - Automatically embedded into each contract with shoot data fields.
- Create New Client Contracts (Unlimited)
- Create New Contract Templates (Up to 12)
- Edit Current Contract Templates, including "Add", "2x" (Duplicate), "Edit" and "Delete"
- Edit Single Draft Contracts (Allows you to change parts of a new contract without effecting a template)
- Clients can "Sign" and "Resign" using their finger on touch sensitive screen.
- Contracts are converted to PDF documents which you can then archive by emailing to yourself and/or your client.
- "Saved" Contracts allows you to access previously saved contracts, signed or unsigned.
- Unsigned Contracts can be signed later.
- "Placeholders" allow users to create their own custom templates and still have auto-embedding features! (Wow!!)
- Save and Email Unsigned Contracts
- Works in Horizontal and Vertical Modes
- Contact your Clients from your "Client List"
- Trash Bin, allows you to recycle or empty deleted contracts and templates
For More Information, tips and tricks, or to make suggestions for future updates please visit: http://www.iphonecontractmaker.com
What's New in Version 1.20
Fixes an issue with saved contract's dates not showing up correctly.
Great once you figure it out
I just made a very complicated rental contract for cameras, lights, rigs, and other gear. I used all the bells and whistles - custom checkboxes, custom roller wheels, etc.
In operation, I create a client record and take a picture of their driver's license for their photo. Then, I'm presented with a template where I pick and choose what piece of gear they are renting, for how long, rental rates, deadline for returns, etc, etc. It prints out a beautiful custom contract that once it is signed gets emailed to both of us.
The only bug is with photos put in the contract and the signatures (which are just photos). It does not handle those elegantly. At the bottom of the contract it leaves huge amounts of space around each signature. Our logo took up half the page. So that is my only complaint besides the interface design.
It's really powerful but unfortunately it has a very non-intuitive interface. It's very confusing. For example, to edit a custom text box you select  at the top, then  again but it's at the bottom this time, then select what to edit back at the top. Or custom text boxes - you create them in one place, but then have to go into system settings to give a logical name for that field. Once you figure it out you'll be ok and will have a powerful contract maker.
Great app but needs a couple of things
This app is fairly easy to use, but it could be a bit more user friendly in the design area. It's kind of like writing HTML rather than a simple word processor. It can backup and restore your contracts and settings to iCloud but it's missing the ability to automatically synchronize. If you have to remember and take the time to back up, it's not really a "cloud" solution. Also if you go between an iPhone and iPad like I do, you have to use the clunky backup and restore to sync between devices which is a recipe for disaster. All in all, I like the customizability and flexibility. I'm a little annoyed by the pricing tiers to get more custom fields etc... And it has crashed on me a couple of times already though. I recommend it, but it's not a slam dunk for me. Hopefully, the developers will continue to improve it. I have one wedding contract template ready to go now that turned out nicely once I figured out what I was doing.
Support seems to have fizzled
I have this and I'm pretty satisfied, but early this year was hearing a new version. App hasn't been updated since last September.
There are a couple of needed features, such as multiple signatures, ability to copy a client to create a new client and change (such as to create a contact entry for the spouse and children if I want to do model releases for everyone in the family), more than 3 images. Would like to create a model release for a full family, enter each person's info and take an image for each one.
Oh, forgot to also be able to create a draft contract. Could fill out the contract ahead of meeting the client and then spend little or no time completing it and signing.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Sep 25, 2012
- Version: 1.20
- Size: 1.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Michael Shiffler
- © Michael The Maven
Compatibility: Requires iOS 3.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Custom Placeholder Pack!$1.99
- GPS Placeholders$0.99
- 100 Custom Text Placeholders$2.99
- 100 Custom Roller Placeholders$2.99
- 100 Custom Initial Placeholders$4.99
- 100 Custom Checkbox Placeholders$2.99
- 2nd Set of 100 Custom Text Placeholders$2.99