Photon Flash Player for iPhone - Flash Video & Games plus Private Web Browser
By Appsverse Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
+ NEW- Tested and compatible with iOS8
+ "Photon browser is a powerful and versatile Safari alternative that excels in its Flash support..." - USAToday
+ Photon for iPad is #1 in Utilities in US, UK and top 30 overall app.
+ Photon plays flash videos, games and flash websites.
Appsverse Photon Browser is a powerful new browser specifically designed to enhance your browsing experience on the iPhone and iPod Touch. It is packed with innovative features. Here are just some of them:
1. Flash browsing support
- Photon Browser allows you to play Flash games such as free Facebook games, use Flash apps and watch Flash video inline using its remote cloud browse mode.
- Browse Flash websites that would otherwise not display on the iPhone.
- Play music that streams through a Flash player.
- Read news that require Flash support.
- Press the “Lightning” icon on the bottom right navigation bar when you encounter a Flash website on the iPhone or iPod Touch.
- Combines fast native browsing for normal websites and remote browsing for Flash websites. Switch between the 2 modes using the lightning bolt button (for Flash) or the web globe button (for native browsing).
- Support different mode such as pointer mode for precision that makes your iPhone acts like a mouse pad. Supports touch mode for scrolling and touch/click. Supports drag mode for dragging around game maps.
- Zoom in flash. PLEASE WAIT a second or two for the zoom to update before zooming again on iPhone and iPod touches.
- We support audio. PLEASE MAKE sure your mute switch is not on.
2. Fully featured powerful browser
- Private browsing clears history, cookies and caches upon browser exit.
- Anonymous browsing through our servers.
- Share content via email.
- Brightness control for night time browsing.
- Rotation lock for playing web based games.
- Personalize your browser by choosing from thousands of colors.
- Bookmarks support
- Print web pages using AirPrint.
- More innovative features to come
Important notes - PLEASE READ BEFORE BUYING:
- When you encounter a Flash website, REMEMBER TO CLICK ON the "Lightning Bolt" button to enter Flash streaming mode. Otherwise, you will see the standard Adobe message that Flash needs to be installed or upgraded as you are still in the native browser mode. Only by explicitly clicking on the "Lightning" button will you then be able to view Flash content.
- If you have a slow Internet connection such as over a slow 3G network, remote browsing feature may have slow performance even though we have made great technological improvements to support Flash over low bandwidth. Flash mode works best over Wifi in a broadband network. Just because you have Wifi does not mean you have a fast network. Wifi is fast enough but your bottleneck is the wired connection that your Wifi sits on. However, you can still use Photon as a fast native browser for your regular browsing.
- If you have problems, do not hesitate to contact us given in the support link on iTunes. We are extremely responsive and answer questions within 1-3 business days. For terms, please go to www.appsverse.com/Terms
What's New in Version 5.1
+ Support for iOS8
+ Fix crashes when typing on url bar
+ Fix color customization alignment issues
+ Support custom keyboards
+ Add advance geographic support
+ Fix crashes
+ Bug fixes
I'm going to give a straight review so honestly read this one. It does pretty good for flash games and videos. I played the game "Town of Salem" on it because it is not available on mobile until 2015. The game runs fairly smooth depending upon connection, device(I used iPhone 5s) and things like so, but it is not perfect like some reviews say, it is still sort of slow/draggy. There is another app called Puffin Web Browser, it is free unlike this one but it also has its disadvantages like it crashes semi-often and is more laggy except it runs smoother surprisingly seeing it is more laggy, sometimes I miss 20s+ of gameplay so this is a good review in my opinion. But if you want a free substitute that is slightly worse find Puffin otherwise I recommend this
Awesome, MUCH bette than thr iPad version
This is a great, stable app that is super useful for watching flash videos. I do not recommend however using the iPad version of this app. The iPhone version is by far more stable; you can open control center and go to the home screen without the flash session terminating like the iPad version would.
The only major gripe I have is that you can't set the default homepage. I hate the default "appverse" search engine and would like to use google instead. For now, I just bookmarked google and open it every time I open a new tab.
Needs an Ad Blocker Badly
For simply playing flash content, it works fine, but banner ad makers are clever. They stick ads right on top of the flash player on the webpage, and they have become very adept at masking their legit X to close them out, even going so far as placing decoy Xs that trigger the popups. That means you spend endless amounts of time trying to get ads out of the way, then closing out popup tabs, and hoping the whole browser doesn't crash, which it frequently does once the ads build up. And before you say it, popup blocker doesn't stop them. Using chrome on my desktop, a simple ad blocker plugin takes care of this whole issue instantly.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Oct 17, 2014
- Version: 5.1
- Size: 11.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Appsverse Inc.
- © Appsverse Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.