For you and your healthcare practice, Photon is three things:
1. It's a technology company that connects hospitals to on-call specialists in real time.
2. It's a communications company delivering a proprietary messaging platform that improves patient care and outcomes.
3. It's a package of secure medical information, such as images, ER notes, and test results, that is shared through the Photon system.
Users can now post date consultations. If your message isn't urgent set the time you want it delivered.
Ratings and Reviews
Needs some fine tuning
First of all, great app in its kind. Great initiative.
- There should be some fix for timings. Lab draw and result timing or x ray study timings are visible in future, e.g. If I am seeing results on 1/1/16 at 0730, the reported result's time is around 0855 on 1/1/16, which is not possible. Moreover timing of lab is critical for folks like us who works in emergency settings.
- The notifications are not consistent. That makes relying on app unreliable for updates.
- With the notification, tap on the notification should open directly the study result it was notified for. Tapping on notification only opens the app. Suppose I am carrying 20 patients then it becomes almost impossible to find out which patient had new study results. This way the app becomes time-consuming thank time-saving.
I know these are very minute technical stuffs which can be fixed easily with updates but these points are very critical when it comes to taking care of sick patients in time-sensitive manner.
Hope to see these issues fixed with next updates.
Problem with labs
Having vitals is a great addition. There is a problem with the labs though. When you click on one a different one pops open. Also, some radiology reports still don't get added. Overall great app though! I hope a new version is out soon that fixes the labs though!
The best app for practicing physicians out there
Photon is by far the best app out there for practicing physicians.
Allows me to see all the needed patient data to make decisions on the go, and not have to deal with finding a PC, or listen to verbal descriptions.
It's a game changer, not only for my practice, but my patients as well.
- Photon Medical Communications, LLC
- 27.5 MB
Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Medical/Treatment Information
- © Photon Medical Communications, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.