By PhotoPills S.L.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Unlock your creative potential! Discover how to easily turn any Sun, Moon and Milky Way scene you imagine into a real picture… and start shooting truly legendary photos every time you pick up the camera!
Whether your passion is to capture beautiful landscapes, immortalize the infinite night sky, surprise the bride and the groom in their happiest day... or to travel the world, PhotoPills will make you love exploring new artistic possibilities to tell visual stories in a way it wasn’t possible before.
* All in one app
PhotoPills is your iPhone and iPad personal assistant in all photographic matters. It provides tasty remedies to answer most of the questions when planning and shooting your creative ideas:
- The First 2D Map-Centric Planner: Sun, Moon, Milky Way
- Sun, Moon Alignments Fast Finder
- 3D Augmented Reality: Sun, Moon, Milky Way, Celestial Equator, Polaris, DoF, FoV
- Photo Plans Manager
- Location Scouting Tool
- Key information: Sunrise/set, Twilights, Golden Hour, Blue Hour, Moonrise/set, Supermoon dates, Moon Calendar
- Calculators: Long Exposure, Timelapse, Spot Stars, Star Trails, Hyperfocal Table, DoF, FoV
- Widgets: Sun, Moon, Milky Way
- PhotoPills Awards… and much more!
* Endorsed by Masters
“PhotoPills is an invaluable tool which I use every time I plan a shoot.” – Mark Gee, Astronomy Photographer of the Year.
“A tool every photographer should have.” – Kevin Raber, Luminous-landscape.com.
“It pays off! Using such a tool ensures that we are repeatedly capable of quickly planning powerful shots; leaving maximum opportunity for more creative ruminations.” – José B. Ruiz, Innovation Award, Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
* How it works
Have you ever walked around a place and thought: "What a pity the Moon isn't EXACTLY right there... I would have captured a great photo!"? What about the Sun? And the Milky Way? Well, now you can let your imagination fly and calculate when this specific magic moment happens in just a few seconds:
- IMAGINE: the Milky Way arching over a powerful landscape, a giant full Moon appearing from behind a nearby hill or a sunset between two rocks on a magic beach... The only limit is your imagination!
- PLAN: easily calculate the exact date and time the scene you’ve imagined happens. Work smarter, not harder!
- SHOOT: just get out there, immerse yourself in the great outdoors, and enjoy living and capturing unique moments.
* Become a Legend
Because we know the huge amount of time, energy and love you put in your photos. We want to HONOR them, SHOW them to the World, and REWARD you with up to $6,600 in cash prizes. It's easy and FREE! Just submit your creative photos from PhotoPills and join the Legacy!
* Never waste an unmissable scene again
Create a To-Do list of planned photos and get to the location on time.
* Get it right
Adjust your frame for the best composition before you shoot. Use the 3D Augmented Reality Views to see whether Sun, Moon and Milky Way will be at the desired position when pressing the shutter.
* Explore, discover great places and create your own database of locations
If you come across a location you’d like to remember, save it as a Point of Interest.
* Enjoy all daily information in just one swipe with the Widgets
Just swipe down from the top of the screen to get all the Sun, Moon and Milky Way events for your current location and date, in addition to your upcoming photo plans.
* Get more than an app
Our goal is not only to help you plan your shots, but also to help you nail them. Whenever you need help, take a look at our How-To articles and videos, join our free online courses or just contact us!
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take PhotoPills – you stay in Wonderland and we show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. Remember: all we’re offering are Legendary Photos and Goosebumps in your skin, nothing more.”
What's New in Version 2.3.3
This update includes:
- New cameras: Fujifilm X100F, X-T20; Leica M10; Pentax KP; Canon EOS 800D (EOS Rebel T7i / Kiss X9i), EOS M6, EOS 77D; Panasonic HC-X1000.
We’ll keep improving!
Best planning app for astrophotography
Night or day, this will tell you where the sun pr moon will be almost exactly so that you can research a place that you wanted to photograph, and get the sunset or the moon in the picture. There's the VR piece that helps you find exactly where the Milky Way is going to show up at night and exactly what time it will be, with so many time saving features you're going to delete the other apps that this will cover and do 10 more that you couldn't do without. If you're serious about your star photography in any aspect you will not waste your money here. I guarantee that.
Photopills if you're listening there is one thing I recommend you put in- the Apple Watch functionality! How awesome would it be to get notifications on your wrist and to get the research data easily on your wrist? This will help everyone! Thank you!
Dozens of great shots planned with PhotoPills
The best planner I've used. Been a photopiller for over two Milky Way seasons and this tool has paid itself many times over.
I use it for planning almost every shoot, doing the hard math for calculating exposures, star trails and more.
The widgets make it easy to check today's light schedule and you can plan for locations across the globe months in advance.
If you're serious about filming the night sky then you should be a photopiller too!
Great app--when can you make a macbook Pro version?
I've used the augmented reality for stuff on the fly, but am just now learning how to use the planning tools, which seem fantastic. I would love, however, to have a version on my MacBook Pro that would enable me to plan trips from home all that much faster and not have to strain my eyes for a couple of hours looking at the small screen.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 25, 2017
- Version: 2.3.3
- Size: 39.3 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: PhotoPills S.L.
- © 2015 PhotoPills, SL. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.