By PhotoPills S.L.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Unlock your creative potential! Discover how to easily turn any Sun, Moon and Milky Way scene you imagine into a real picture… and start shooting truly legendary photos every time you pick up the camera!
Whether your passion is to capture beautiful landscapes, immortalize the infinite night sky, surprise the bride and the groom in their happiest day... or to travel the world, PhotoPills will make you love exploring new artistic possibilities to tell visual stories in a way it wasn’t possible before.
* All in one app
PhotoPills is your iPhone and iPad personal assistant in all photographic matters. It provides tasty remedies to answer most of the questions when planning and shooting your creative ideas:
- The First 2D Map-Centric Planner: Sun, Moon, Milky Way
- Sun, Moon Alignments Fast Finder
- 3D Augmented Reality: Sun, Moon, Milky Way, Celestial Equator, Polaris, DoF, FoV
- Photo Plans Manager
- Location Scouting Tool
- Key information: Sunrise/set, Twilights, Golden Hour, Blue Hour, Moonrise/set, Supermoon dates, Moon Calendar
- Calculators: Long Exposure, Timelapse, Spot Stars, Star Trails, Hyperfocal Table, DoF, FoV
- Widgets: Sun, Moon, Milky Way
- PhotoPills Awards… and much more!
* Endorsed by Masters
“PhotoPills is an invaluable tool which I use every time I plan a shoot.” – Mark Gee, Astronomy Photographer of the Year.
“A tool every photographer should have.” – Kevin Raber, Luminous-landscape.com.
“It pays off! Using such a tool ensures that we are repeatedly capable of quickly planning powerful shots; leaving maximum opportunity for more creative ruminations.” – José B. Ruiz, Innovation Award, Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
* How it works
Have you ever walked around a place and thought: "What a pity the Moon isn't EXACTLY right there... I would have captured a great photo!"? What about the Sun? And the Milky Way? Well, now you can let your imagination fly and calculate when this specific magic moment happens in just a few seconds:
- IMAGINE: the Milky Way arching over a powerful landscape, a giant full Moon appearing from behind a nearby hill or a sunset between two rocks on a magic beach... The only limit is your imagination!
- PLAN: easily calculate the exact date and time the scene you’ve imagined happens. Work smarter, not harder!
- SHOOT: just get out there, immerse yourself in the great outdoors, and enjoy living and capturing unique moments.
* Become a Legend
Because we know the huge amount of time, energy and love you put in your photos. We want to HONOR them, SHOW them to the World, and REWARD you with up to $6,600 in cash prizes. It's easy and FREE! Just submit your creative photos from PhotoPills and join the Legacy!
* Never waste an unmissable scene again
Create a To-Do list of planned photos and get to the location on time.
* Get it right
Adjust your frame for the best composition before you shoot. Use the 3D Augmented Reality Views to see whether Sun, Moon and Milky Way will be at the desired position when pressing the shutter.
* Explore, discover great places and create your own database of locations
If you come across a location you’d like to remember, save it as a Point of Interest.
* Enjoy all daily information in just one swipe with the Widgets
Just swipe down from the top of the screen to get all the Sun, Moon and Milky Way events for your current location and date, in addition to your upcoming photo plans.
* Get more than an app
Our goal is not only to help you plan your shots, but also to help you nail them. Whenever you need help, take a look at our How-To articles and videos, join our free online courses or just contact us!
“This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill – the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take PhotoPills – you stay in Wonderland and we show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. Remember: all we’re offering are Legendary Photos and Goosebumps in your skin, nothing more.”
What's New in Version 2.5.2
Fixes a crash in the DoF Table. Sorry for the inconveniences. We’ll keep improving :)
It’s the little things
While the concept and general execution of the all are top notch, in addition to the amount of features – the little things seem to go by the wayside.
• The yellow launch animation really is of terrible contrast to the rest of the app. The app itself is dark themed, which is great for photographers. When the app is launched in a dark environment, say shooting the Milky Way, your eyes get blinded. The desire for branding shouldn’t ruin the experience for those that already bought the app!
• The app has many sections. But when you jump between sections, the app consistently does not remember where you were in that section. This greatly amplifies the amount of tapping needed to use the app as a whole. Some sections are quite deep, which can make this a UX killer after a while.
It’s the little things which really make an app a true gem – or not.
Initial review below. But incredibly impressed that the developer fixed the issue and contacted me. They have a customer for life with that kind of service. Great app! Problem fixed!
“Has useful tools. Have used to plan a couple of Milky Way shoots. But dof table locks the app when clicking on it. App is a bit glitchy.”
Too expensive for a duck that can’t do anything right
Your money would be better spent on PhotoBuddy and Long Exp. Buying both would be even cheaper then 10 bucks. But this app has that silly planner and augmented reality, but since I also have Starwalk, that’s kinda useless.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 26, 2017
- Version: 2.5.2
- Size: 40.9 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Seller: PhotoPills S.L.
- © 2015 PhotoPills, SL. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.