Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The easiest and fastest way to make cartoons on your iPad. Cut anything out of your photos and move it on the screen. The app will record everything you do.
You can use lots of ready-made puppets or custom ones (including PNG files with transparency) and edit the recording via a timeline (like in iMovie). Then - export to YouTube!
This is the only animation app for the iPad that allows you to use a timeline with precise time and movement control. You can edit individual object movement tracks.
*** 50% discount for educational institutions ***
Check for details - http://www.apple.com/itunes/education/
The App Store Volume Purchase Program allows educational institutions to purchase iOS apps in volume - PhotoPuppet HD is available under this program - please search for "morriscooke" in the VPP App Store.
http://ipodteacher.blogspot.com "My first reaction to PhotoPuppet after I downloaded it was "Wow!" I was stunned to see the editing power in this app, even on the iPod. [...] There are all kinds of details that are not available in the other animation apps. You can edit the sound using tracks, like in Garage Band. You can snip parts out of audio tracks that you don't like. The elements in your animation are layered so you can control which ones show up on top of the others. The list of neat features goes on [...]"
http://ajewellatschool.blogspot.com/ (first school in the world with a 1:1 iPad deployment for every pupil from P1 - S5) - "A beautiful, comprehensive animation toolbox [...] allowing creation of characters, backgrounds, talking heads and lovely track-by-track editing. I introduced it today to a class for the first time and was struck by the same feeling I had when first demonstrating GarageBand (what higher compliment could any app get!) that the sky now really was the limit!
So, another tool for the 21st century teacher's toolbox. I think this one's a sledgehammer! "
http://theiphonemom.com: "It definitely has the most features for this type of app"
PhotoPuppet HD allows:
- creating puppets out of iPad photo gallery
- recording and editing individual object movement tracks
- rewinding and fast forwarding on a timeline
- exporting your creations to video files with 3 possible quality settings
- posting animations to YouTube, links to Twitter and Facebook
- sending projects, project parts or single puppets via email to other PhotoPuppet users - your content can be reused
- sending movies as e-mail attachments
You don't have to be an artist to create cartoons or animated movies using the many animation techniques supported by this app.
These features are EXCLUSIVE to PhotoPuppet HD:
1. frame-by-frame animation - create sequences of frames, edit them in PhotoPuppet HD and use during animation by switching frames using two different kinds of frame switchers
2. automatic motion - set objects in various types of motion (eg. rotation for car wheels or planets)
3. characters can be built from many separately controlled parts (create puppets with animated legs, arms or heads - move them separately or set automatic movement - eg. a walk sequence for puppet's legs )
4. attach heads to ready-made bodies and create cartoon-like puppets instantly.
It's the perfect software to impress your friends - the most frequent comment we've received was that nobody considered so stunning visual effects with so little effort.
*** PhotoPuppet Go for iPhone is also available ***
If you want to play with PhotoPuppet all the time, check out the iPhone version (PhotoPuppet Go) - the puppets are compatible across iPad and iPhone versions and can be sent via email back and forth.
*** Learn from video tutorials ***
Be sure to visit our website, www.photopuppet.com and watch the video tutorials. They will show you how to use different animation techniques and how to get the most out of PhotoPuppet HD.
What's New in Version 1.6
iOS 7 compatibility: fixed an issue where it was not possible to save exported projects to Photo Gallery.
New icon :-)
Do not care for this app. I've been on it for over an hour trying to work within its simple interface and can't get it to do a thing I want it to do. Could be good, but sadly it's not.
Unstable on iOS 7
This is a wonderful app with awesome potential. However, it is very unstable on iOS 7 and could use a few new features.
The app is actually pretty good but it seem to not work well with my ipad air.needs to be optimized better for ipad air and touch controls needs to be better.