By Alexander McGuffog
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
· View and adjust raw image files at 1:1
· iOS 9 optimized
· 64-bit processing
· AirDrop for exported images
· Full range of image adjustments including white balance
· View EXIF and GPS data
· Pixel magnify - up to 1:4 pixel viewing
· Opens images imported from Eye-Fi cards
PhotoRaw for iOS is a viewer for image files in raw format. Raw file formats from most camera manufacturers are supported, for example Nikon NEF files, Canon CR2 files, Leica DNG files, etc - see the product web site for a full list of supported cameras. PhotoRaw allows you to view these files at full 1:1 pixel resolution, even 40 mega-pixel plus HDR images.
PhotoRaw Lite is restricted to a single camera model (selected when the app is used for the first time), and does not support image editing or JPEG output. Only singe images can be viewed at any one time.
Version 2 of PhotoRaw implements virtual memory. While previous versions could not process images larger than free physical memory, version 2 uses virtual memory. Virtual memory means that if PhotoRaw runs low on physical RAM because of other apps running the background, it can use the device's flash memory to process even the largest images. Version 2 of PhotoRaw has been tested with images of up to 72 MPixels on both iPads and iPhones, even with multiple other apps running the background.
Most images viewers for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch are only able to display low resolution thumbnails of raw images, making it difficult to use the iPhone or iPad to evaluate and view raw files in the field. PhotoRaw changes all that. PhotoRaw incorporates a state-of-the-art AHD raw image demosaicing algorithm right into an iOS app. So now you can view every single pixel in a raw file, without needing a desktop machine or laptop.
· PhotoRaw supports only raw formats; JPEG, TIFF etc images are not supported
· Importing large raw files can take up to several minutes, especially if other apps are running in the background
System Requirements: Raw conversion requires very substantial amounts of processing power and memory. We strongly recommend the following minimum system specifications:
· iOS 5 or later
· iPad or iPhone 4 or later
What's New in Version 4.3.6
· New camera support: Canon EOS M10, PowerShot G5 X and PowerShot G9 X, Fujifilm X-T1 IR, Leica SL (Typ 601), Panasonic DMC-TZ60, Sony RX1R II (DSC-RX1RM2) and 7S II (ICLE-7SM2)
· Support for the new Sony uncompressed raw format
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 07, 2016
- Version: 4.3.6
- Size: 3.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Alexander McGuffog
- © 2011-2015 Sandy McGuffog
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.