Photos EXIF Editor is an intuitive app which can edit EXIF, IPTC & XMP data of thousands of photos in no time!
Here are a few reasons which make it a MUST HAVE tool for your Mac:
• Reads & writes EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP metadata and more...
• Supports various common image formats including RAW format
• Deletes metadata individually or of selected batch of photos
• Sets photo modification/original date-time from EXIF information
• Automatically creates back up of the original metadata of the photo when writing
• Flexibility to create Presets of repetitive metadata to speed up processing
Photos EXIF Editor supports full read/write of the following image file formats:
.MOS Leaf Digital Camera RAW image
.CR2 Canon Digital Camera RAW image
.FFF Imacon Digital Camera RAW image
.DNG Leica Digital Camera RAW image
.NEF Nikon Digital Camera Raw Image
.NEF Nikon Digital Camera Raw Image
.NRW Nikon Digital Camera Raw Image ***
.PEF Pentax Digital Camera Raw Image **
.DNG Pentax Digital Camera Raw Image **
.DNG Ricoh Digital Camera RAW Image
.SR2 Sony Digital Camera Raw Image **
.SRF Sony Digital Camera Raw Image (Cyber Shot) **
.DNG Lumia 1020
.DNG One Plus One
.PSD Photoshop Document
.JP2 JPEG-2000 JP2 File Format Syntax ***
.JPEG Joint Photographic Experts Group JFIF format
.JPG Joint Photographic Experts Group JFIF format
.PNG Portable Network Graphics
.TIF Tagged Image File Format
.TIFF Tagged Image File Format
***: Data of Original date time tag will not be changed
**: Data of Camera model tag will not be changed
• EXIF: Artist, Image Description, Copyright, Software, User Comment, Camera Make, Model, Owner Name, Serial Number, Date/Time Original, Creation Date, Modify Date, ISO, F Number, Focal Length, Focal Length In 35mm Format, Flash, Orientation, Exposure Mode, Exposure Program, Exposure Time, Metering Mode, Scene Capture Type, White Balance, Saturation, Sensing Method, Sharpness, Subject Distance Range, Lens Make (as per app's standards), Lens Model(as per app's standards), Lens Serial Number (as per app's standards)
• GPS: Latitude, LatitudeRef, Longitude, LongitudeRef, Altitude, AltitudeRef
• IPTC: Author By-line, By-lineTitle, Copyright Notice, Headline, Caption-Abstract, Writer-Editor, Object Name, Category, Supplemental Categories, Keywords, Sub-location, City, Province-State, Country-Primary Location Name, Country-Primary Location Code, Original Transmission Reference, SpecialInstructions, Credit, Source
• XMP: Serial number, Lens, Create Date, Modify Date, Latitude, Longitude, Photoshop Date Created
- Added support to increment/decrement the time frame/Creation time /Modified Time in EXIF/XMP metadata of the images: Users will now be able to increase or decrease hour/minute/seconds with a certain count on individual photos by keeping original values for the rest, as per preference.
- Added support for Batch Renaming of the original file names.
Different options added under this category are:
1. Renaming batch photos based on their EXIF Location tags, i.e. Place, City, State/Province & Country.
2. Renaming batch photos based on their EXIF Original/Creation/Modified Date/Time tags.
3. Renaming batch photos based on their Height & Width.
4. Additional reaming options includes replacing the original file names, adding suffix or prefix and more.
Ratings and Reviews
Truly Excellent and User Friendly
This is really a five-star app compared to the other apps I have seen. The only reason I gave it four starts is because there are some little things that should continue to be worked on. For instance, there is a way to select all or delect all in a batch, but you have to look for it a bit. A button like that should be somewhere around the batch. Also, there is no way to remove a photograph from a batch or add a photograph to a batch. At least that I have found yet. Currently, you have to select a photo in a batch and then click remove. You should also be able to just right click and select remove. So in other words, these features are there. Saying that there is no way to add or remove isn’t really accurate. You can do everything. But there could be some redundant buttons and menu items in order to make every step completely obvious to every type of user. I’ll put it like that.
So call me crazy, but I like the app so much I only gave it four stars in order to motivate the developer to continue improving it through redundant features to increase the already high amount of user friendliness.
All that said, this is an amazing value.
Does NOT work with Mac "Photos" Application
I recently uploaded all of the family photos to the ICloud Photos. Some of the Metadata in these pictures is not correct. The collection if very large so I was excited to find an application that claimed to be able to handle these edits in Batch Mode. However, if I click on the photo in "Photos" and attempt to edit it with this application it says it cannot open the file or URL. If I attempt to load the photo library it takes about 30 minutes and then it is everything 43K pictures in one big list. There simply does not seem to be a practical way to use this application. Also, while I don't believe that I will actually need to edit any of the HEIC photos this application seems to have no idea (even after the big library import) that those are even photos. Waste of a dollar. But, the fact that it was only a dollar is the only reason I took a chance and bought it.
Easy and works great
I switched from Windows to Mac a couple years ago. When I travel, I shoot with 2 cameras. On Windows, it’s easy to sort the images by date/time, so that I can look at all of them in order. On my Mac, however, there’s no way to do that. Apple’s file management leaves a lot to be desired, in my opinion. But, this app worked great to rename all my images with the date/time as the beginning of the file name. Now when I sort by name, they are exactly in the order I took them. Yay. And, I’m not at all a geek, but this was easy to install and super easy to use. Thanks to the developers for creating a great product. And for only a buck, wow!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.