Photo Shack HD
By Ronald Bernaldo
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Find your photos in seconds by doing word searches or high-speed visual scans. See your photos in their full resolution with smooth, extended zoom. Display your photos on the iPad screen or a nearby screen, via AirPlay, and share them freely among apps and among friends, colleagues, and clients. Photo Shack HD is designed to eliminate all the frustrations and limitations of Apple's supplied Photo app while maintaining all the benefits of easy synchronization with iTunes, maintaining a single database of photos—Apple's own—and then offering the user simple, powerful control over their collection of images, no matter how large or small.
Photo Shack HD embodies some very comprehensive functionality for managing your photos. These robust features have come from years of serving the professional and enthusiast photographer community, and listening to their valuable insights and suggestions. Here's a sample of what Photo Shack HD can do:
Find photos in seconds
• Search by Date, Comment, Title, Filename, Rating, Location, Country, and Keywords
◦ Search for multiple keywords at once, ANDing, ORing, or ALLing keywords together.
◦ Automatically create albums from your search results.
• Sort by Date, Comment, Title, Filename, Rating, Location, Country, or Keywords, or using drag-&-drop.
Spot the exact one you’re looking for
• Visually scan photos in any one of three sizes, compared to Apple Photo’s single, 30-per-screenful size:
◦ Small thumbnails (~100 per screenfull)
◦ Large thumbnails (~20 per screenfull). Good for finding the one you want among similar photos.
◦ Preview (~6 per screenful) Big enough for viewing as well as finding.
• Display Filenames, Titles, or Date in larger thumbnail views.
Enjoy what you’ve found
• Use Preview mode to enjoy your pictures six at a time, instead of one by one.
• Smoothly zoom full screen photos well past the maximum size of the iPad Photos app.
Display your pictures in advanced, high-quality slideshows
• Select among 8 different transition options.
• Play background music during slideshows.
Throw your pictures to the big screen using AirPlay mirroring.
Easily share your photos and photo albums in many ways:
• Send to other 3rd-party apps, such as "DropBox" using “Open in...”
• eMail one or more photos at a time.
• AirPrint to an AirPrint compatible printer.
• Copy to the iPad's global Clipboard, to be pasted into another app.
Save time, space, and effort
• You easily build new and powerful access to all or selected parts of your existing iPad Photos library
◦ The iPad has a central database of all photos used by Photos as well as other apps
◦ We use that same database, but give you new powers to sort, search, and edit your images.
◦ Your pictures appear to be in Photo Shack HD, just as they appear to be in iPad Photos
◦ However, the original images stay where they are, continuing to sync automatically with iTunes.
Gentle learning curve made even easier with
• Integrated "Getting Started Guide".
•Top rated customer support on the App Store.
Here are just a few of our features for the professional and advanced user
• Use PhotoStudio custom effects editor to apply permanent crops, photo masks, and chromatic effects.
• Create your own libraries, sub-libraries, and albums in any organization you want.
• Cut, Copy, and Paste photos and videos within and between albums.
• Use "Portfolio Mode" locking to prevent changes to or navigation outside current library.
• You may automatically assign Filenames, Titles, Comments, and Ratings from each photo's IPTC metadata upon import.
• Rotate, Pan, and Zoom photos, temporarily or persistently.
• View and/or change complete photo information (filename, title, etc.) and view EXIF metadata.
• View and/or change geographical GPS location where your photos were taken.
• Batch modify photo information, including filenames, titles, star ratings, etc.
What's New in Version 7.03
For the first time, I can actually find photos!
Photo Shack has solved a problem I’ve had for five years: With more than 20,000 photos on my tablet, when using Apple’s Photos app, it generally takes me around 10 minutes to find a photo I’m looking for, if I can find it at all.* That’s a long time when you’re sitting at dinner with a bunch of friends and want to show them something.
I’ve taken the trouble of titling my pictures and assigning keywords from around 2500 I’ve built up, including names of countries, states, and cities, as well as people's names, classes of buildings, objects, plants, etc.** Apple actually imports all my titles, keywords, etc., onto the iPad, but then offers me no way to sort or search on them.
Photo Shack lets you sort and search on any of your stored criteria, dropping average search time from 10 minutes to around 5 seconds. It is sorting/searching the photos that iTunes imported into Apple’s Photos app when it does so; you don’t have to do anything different than what you’re doing right now. You power up the app, give Photo Shack permission to access your Photos data, and you’re in. Very slick.
Once you’ve got a cluster of photos, you can look at their thumbnails at three different magnifications, making spotting the particular photo you want among similar ones really easy. With Apple’s Photo app, all you have is one thumbnails size: Tiny.
Apparently, the app does a whole bunch of other things I haven’t explored and may never explore. I don’t care. I’ve received full value just from this one feature.
There is at least one other app that also allows you to do metadata searches. When I was looking, some people were having trouble with it, so I bought this one instead. Regardless of which one you buy, if you have more than a hundred or so images, getting an app that will allow you to search and sort everything.
*Because Apple’s Photo app has no search capability, I have my photos spread among more than 100 different folders, some with 10 or 20 pictures, others with upwards of 500 pictures. The folders load from iTunes in a peculiar order, making problematic even predicting where a folder can be found in the list.
** Adding either titles or keywords is actually quite easy in iPhoto and Aperture on the Mac. It can be done in batches, so you don’t have to go through each photo.
Unable transfer photos
Purchased to transfer photo library to different iMac to edit slide show ... After an hour, only able to transfer 2/3 of photos despite multiple attempts. Very non-intuitive. Removed from iPad and looking for refund.
Software company owner, latest iPad and iMac and software ...
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Oct 17, 2013
- Version: 7.03
- Size: 19.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ronald Bernaldo
- © Copyright (c) 2012 Ronald Bernaldo - All Rights Reserved
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.