Photos from the past, meet scanner from the future.
PhotoScan is a new app from Google Photos that lets you scan and save your favorite printed photos using your phone’s camera.
PICTURE PERFECT AND GLARE FREE
Don’t just take a picture of a picture. Create enhanced digital scans, wherever your photos are.
– Get glare-free scans with an easy step-by-step capture flow
– Automatic cropping based on edge detection
– Straight, rectangular scans with perspective correction
– Smart rotation, so your photos stay right-side-up no matter which way you scan them
SCAN IN SECONDS
Capture your favorite printed photos quickly and easily, so you can spend less time editing and more time looking at your bad childhood haircut.
For documents and photos in glare-free environments, toggle off glare removal for even faster scans.
SAFE AND SEARCHABLE WITH GOOGLE PHOTOS
Back up your scans with the free Google Photos app to keep them safe, searchable, and organized. Bring your scans to life with movies, filters, and advanced editing controls. And share them with anyone, just by sending a link.
• Performance improvements
• Bug fixes, especially for iPhone X
Ratings and Reviews
I would give it 10 Stars if I could!!!
This app is straight up AWESOME. There are other good scanner apps out there, but this is by far the best photo scanner app I have ever used. In fact, it might even be better than actual photo scanner machines. The quality of scans is great. I scanned several old family photos and they came out clear and accurate.
It has to take a picture in the dead center of the picture, then it primos you to move to the four corners of the picture. It similar to when you take panoramic photos with your phone. By taking pictures of the center and each corner, it allows the software of the app to automatically get out any glare, but also maintain the integrity of the photo. Once you're finished with a batch you can save the photos to your Google Photos app.
I highly recommend it to anyone, but especially those who have been wanting to scan old photos, but have been afraid of the amount of time it would take as well as the money to spend on a photo scanner. Here is your answer.
Does the basic job.
This app does the basic function of removing parallax from a flat image and it often removes the glare. I use it primarily to scan magazine covers and important documents.
A significant problem has been encountered when trying to position crosshairs, as they often move as I remove my finger from the screen. This occurs when the view changes to the overview, so the error is not detected until the image is magnified again.
A second problem occurs in the management of the saved images. I do not use Google photos to store the images and so local storage is the Apple photos camera roll. When I modify an image, the app requires that I replace the existing image if I want to keep it. It would be helpful to allow replacing or adding to the camera roll or just storing locally in the App. It would also be helpful to dump local storage directly to an album and then clear the storage without losing the images from the photos app.
Great photo scanning app
It handles both gray and color photos just fine. Instructions are easy - you will be scanning in no time. It handles pictures in frames or behind the glass - its anti glare feature is awesome.
I wish they had a bit better border detection as I often find myself tweaking borders for older pictures. The UI for border detection could be better likewise / provide better controls as pictures could get small while it gets harder to catch the border at such scale (with my imperfect eyesight). Still, I like the app a lot.
Taking pictures in batches works faster. When scanning albums, just keep going - you can adjust borders for your batch later before saving them all in one go. This speeds things up significantly rather than taking a picture/adjusting its borders/saving one at a time.
- Google LLC
- 107.9 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- English, Arabic, Catalan, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lingala, Malay, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Swiss German, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016, Google Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.