Photoshop World Conference & Expo
By Shawn Welch
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Introducing the new Photoshop World Mobile App for iOS.
Photoshop World is a special event that occurs twice a year: once on the east coast, and once on the west coast. Co-sponsored with Adobe, this event is a MUST ATTEND for all things photoshop, photography, design, and more.
This app is designed to help you manage your conference. In it you can access events, instructors, exhibitors, maps, and more.
What's New in Version 2.0.0
• Complete redesign, better, stronger, faster.
• iCloud integration
• iPhone 5
(iOS 6 Required for Update)
PSW Must Have App!
This was a great addition to Photoshop World! A list of all the convention course classes, push notifications on whats happening at the show and a social media aggregator giving real time feedback for the attendees. This is defiantly a must have app for all who attend the PSW shows.
FUTURE APP UPDATE SUGGESTIONS:
I'd love to see the printed course training book that is given to all attendees available to access through the app in future updates. I would also like to get updates from the course instructors built into the app. Perhaps live blog streaming from the show for those who don't attend all the PSW shows.
Loved the app. A few ideas for the next version:
1. Add ability to "share" schedule items via email, so you can send them to friends.
2. Add the ability to add friends, Facebook style, so you can share info with people you know and/or meet.
3. Add class evaluation to the app.
4. Add "check in" to classes.
5. My app showed the wrong location for a couple of expo classes, and showed the Digital Photo panel as TBD. It would be great if NAPP could update info during the show. OR, allow comments so updates could be crowd-sourced.
6. Add links to class notes to the app.
7. Add links to extra-curricular deals -- such as discounts to local restaurants. (Hey, a revenue stream!)
8. Add a meetup forum... "Who wants to meet for dinner?" "Anyone want to hit the slots / see a show?"
9. Social media links to the usual suspects. (FB, Twitter, etc.)
10. Instructor bios.
Great job all around on the app. I used it throughout the event in Orlando. Found it to be very useful. Only had a couple suggestions.
Have an option that shows all classes and events during the day rather than separated out.
It was slightly buggy when paragraphs didn't contain complete information for example.
I'd like to see it even more user customizable in the future.
Additionally, how about connecting it with the seminars and classes themselves with tips and tricks added to it.
One comment about PSW in general. I'd like to see duplication of popular seminars and classes since we're not just on the photographer or photoshop track any longer. My interests are broad ranging from seo advice to how to handle those pesky wrinkles on a subject's portrait to Lightroom to bettering my landscapes and sports.
Can't wait for Vegas!
A side note, thanks to the entire PSW organization for producing an awesome event!
- Category: Reference
- Updated: Apr 08, 2013
- Version: 2.0.0
- Size: 2.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shawn Welch
- © 2013 Shawn Welch & NAPP, Inc
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.