PhotoStackr for 500px
By iPont Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
From the creators of FlickStackr, PhotoStackr brings 500px photo sharing to the iPad. Designed from the ground up for the larger screen, it allows you to BROWSE photos in the 500px universe. UPLOAD photos to 500px.
What can you do with PhotoStackr that the official 500px app does not let you ?
- Upload photos to 500px
- Browse by photo categories
- Bookmark photos on your device (Stack)
- Work offline
follow us on Twitter @ipontCA
Key Features :
==== BROWSING ====
- Single app compatible with iPhone, iPod and iPad.
- You can look at your own photos, your favorites and your friends and their photos.
- Explore 500px's Editors, Popular and Fresh photos. Filter them by Category.
- Full screen photo browser that lets you swipe through photos and zoom by pinching. (Landscape and Portrait).
- Slideshow mode, including support for external displays (TV & VGA)
- No need for paging while looking at large photosets. PhotoStackr does it automatically in the background.
Photos are cached locally for fast access.
- Exif and photo location viewing
- Search photos in 500px : via keyword or tags
- Offline mode for looking at photos while disconnected.
- A unique feature is the 'STACK'. The Stack lets you mark photos and photosets from you or any other people. This stack is saved on your iPad, so that you can keep this list without having to publish it to 500px. Useful when you want to review photos later, or share them all via email
- Share photos with friends via email, Facebook, Twitter and Tumblr
==== UPLOAD ====
- Upload photos directly from your iPhone/iPad. Use the device's photo library as source, the camera, the Camera Connection Kit, or using iTunes drag and drop, to get photos from your computer
- At upload time you can specify : title, caption, geo location, category
- Exif and GPS information is maintained when uploading
- Upload in the background while you continue to browse photos
- LIMITATION : Browsing your photo library to choose photos in high resolution requires granting location access to PhotoStackr. This is unfortunately an Apple imposed limitation
==== ACCOUNT FLEXIBILITY ====
- Support for having multiple 500px accounts active. This is ideal for households sharing an iPad or for people with multiple identities online.
- Supports all iPad screen orientations.
- Access to flickr.com photography (browse, edit, upload) via in-app purchase.
What's New in Version 3.11
- 500px : Show uncategorized photos as a "category", allow filtering by category in all photo lists
- 500px : Retrieve higher resolution images
- Full support for swipe from left edge (including in full screen modes) to go back to the previous page
- Use iOS system sharing UI :
- Share one or multiple photo links to email, message, twitter, and other third party apps
- Share one or multiple photos to email, message, etc
All these are fixed now !
- Photostream stacks (formerly People) show user's Avatar instead of latest photo
- Moving photos between stacks not working
- Opening external flickr URLs for videos don't work
- Photo Copyright not displayed on iPhone
- Stack was fully refreshed (photos re-checked against service) when deleting a photo from the stack
- Groups which name started with a number were not displayed in group list
- Randomly, gray squares are displayed instead of thumbnails
- Photo descriptions with new lines are not displayed properly
- Unable to add Tumblr accounts
This is my creative workflow
If you are a photographer like myself, you know the benefits of viewing quality work and keeping it organized to spark your creativity in a time when you need it most.
Stackr 500px is just that!
The organization you can have is incredible. The ability to save image for offline use in the app is perfect. On top of that, even flipping through images is way faster than even the stock 500px app.
Buy this today and don't forget the in app purchases as well! This app is like 4 apps in one. And using it to its full potential can really keep your mind full of ideas for photography.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Jan 26, 2015
- Version: 3.11
- Size: 18.0 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: iPont Software
- © 2011 iPont Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.
Top In-App Purchases
- Flickr Photography$1.99
- Box+Dropbox+Drive Photos$0.99
- Instagram Photography$0.99
- Picasa/Google+ Photography$0.99
- Ipernity Photograpy$0.99
- Nostalgia Effects Pack$0.99