PhotoSweeper Lite: Remove duplicate photos in Photos, iPhoto, Aperture and Lightroom
By Gwinno Software, Inc.
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
*** 40% off for a limited time ***
PhotoSweeper Lite (a lightweight version of PhotoSweeper) helps you to get rid of duplicate photos. It works with photos from Apple Photos, iPhoto, Aperture and Adobe Lightroom libraries, as well as photos from your hard drives and external storages. It allows you to find and group photos that have identical or very similar content, regardless of image names.
DUPLICATE photos - absolutely identical photos, created by reserve copying or using multiple photo libraries etc. If you have several Macs, external hard drives, or just multiple copies of the same photo collection, and want to remove duplicates, this application is for you.
SIMILAR photos - photos that look identical to the human eye, but are different for a computer, usually created by multi-shot capturing of the same scene, or by editing with special software, like Adobe Photoshop, Pixelmator etc. PhotoSweeper Lite DOES NOT detect this kind of photos as duplicates, but the FULL version of PhotoSweeper DOES the trick.
With PhotoSweeper Lite you get:
• Support for Photos, iPhoto, Aperture and Lightroom libraries.
• Beautifully designed and easy-to-use interface: great photo browsing, reviewing results in different modes, automatically marking photos etc.
• Extremely fast workflow: based on state-of-the-art technologies and optimized for photo comparison.
This is the LITE version. The FULL version is named "PhotoSweeper" and it:
• Finds SIMILAR photos providing extra comparison settings. Photos are compared regardless of their sizes or formats and are grouped by similarity. It allows you to find even edited photos and series of shots.
• Moves or copies photos you want to keep with or without bulk renaming.
A comprehensive user manual and demo-version are available on our site: http://overmacs.com/
What's New in Version 2.1.0
+ Apple Photos support.
+ Made PhotoSweeper even more awesome by fixing issues reported by our customers.
seems to work well
My aperture library is over 30G. I know there are lots of duplicates. Finding duplicates by size/image did not work well but finding by duplicate file name was great. Overall I’m pretty impressed but the gui and options are a bit overwhelming and may take some digging to understand. After loading my library I got the message that 18,000 photos were not found so I have to go investigate that but I suspect it’s because the drive is offline for now. We’ll see when we I get the drive mounted.
Does what it says on the tin
No complaints here - works perfectly with new Photos app
The app has been running for a couple of hours and has been stuck on the "Loading Library" the entire time with no progress update at all. I'm going to be requesting a refund since I can't even use the app!
- Category: Photography
- Updated: Apr 23, 2015
- Version: 2.1.0
- Size: 14.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Gwinno Software Inc
- © 2011-2015 Overmacs Team
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor