Learn to code animated stories! A coding app where kids design and code animated stories. No limit on the number they can save and play back. Using easy-to-follow, step-by-step guides, kids design characters, create background scenes, add animation, and turn their ideas into animated stories complete with dialogue and sound effects. Character creator for making animated sprites. Background creator for making tiles and drawing scenes. Coding section has drag-and-drop commands for move, say, emote, and more. Play stories back in a cute “movie theater” interface. This app is the companion to the Learn to Code book series. For more information, examples, templates, and more, check out this four-book set.
Ratings and Reviews
Not available on iPad?
It will not show up for iPad in app store. That leaves only phones for the kids to use.
I created a few stories and will post them on YouTube! If you want to see my videos, my channel is ‘Lego Constructions’. Please give me feedback in the developer response.
Here are a few problems with the app I encountered:
1) It’s a bit annoying that there can be a maximum of fifty characters per speech bubble.
2) When I once made three characters next to each other (Boxy Fox, Al Gator, and Bob Bear) all say ‘Okay!’ at the same time, two speech bubbles were hidden by the third. Please make the app in such a way that, when I do this, there will be one 💬 with three arrows pointing to my characters.
your biggest fan
- Publications International Ltd.
- 78.7 MB
Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2018 Publications International, Ltd.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.