Piano Chords Companion PRO
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Piano Companion is a flexible piano chords and scales dictionary with user libraries, reverse mode, the circle of fifths, chord progression builder with common patterns. If you can’t remember the name of a piano chord or scale, this app helps you to find it by keys or using your external MIDI keyboard. For example, just press C, G and you will get C Major as the first piano chord in the search result. If you don’t see a piano chord or a specific scale, you can create a custom piano chord or scale and use it for chord charts or your user library.
The Piano Companion app shows chord and scale notes on the grand staff, degrees, relative scales, intervals, fingering for both hands in major and minor scales – and you can contribute your own custom fingering too. Additionally, you can listen how a scale or chord sounds in the loop or arpeggiated. You can see the list of compatible chords in the selected scale or list of compatible scales for a selected chord.
The app helps you to experiment with different chord progressions using our Chord Progression Builder using relative or common chords.
- 1500+ piano chords, up to 6th inversions such as major, minor, diminished, augmented, sevenths, etc.
- 10,000+ scales, such as major, minor, chromatic, pentatonic, blues, etc.
- Chord Progression builder with scale patterns (chord sequencer)
- Interactive Circle of Fifths with grand staff and relative scales
- Ability to input your own custom chords and organize your own chord charts and library
- External MIDI keyboard support for reverse mode
- MIDI output (iOS) with ability to connect your favorite DAW with Piano Companion
- List of available chords in Circle of Fifths
- Popular key notations: English, Italian, German, Japanese, Russian, etc.
- Shows chord and scale in different octaves on the grand staff with treble and bass clef
- Displays compatible scales’ chords
- Displays similar and relative scales
- Analytical labels: Secondary Dominant and Secondary Leading-Tone
- Common degrees: Tonic, Supertonic, Mediant, Subdominant, Dominant, Submediant, Leading tone (in Major scale) / Subtonic (in Natural Minor Scale)
- Displays compatible chords’ scales
- Ability to create custom chords or modify existing ones
- Audio support: ability to play chord in the loop or arpeggio; ability to play scale in the loop
- Arpeggio in the chord progressions
- Relative scale suggestions
- Relative chords in chord progressions
- You can create your own scale fingering and have the ability to use community scale fingerings
- User libraries with ability to add scale or chord
- You can create your own chord libraries and chord charts
- Ability to create favorite scales
Prompt support from the Piano Companion Team is guaranteed! We would also be happy to hear your suggestions for Piano Companion.
Follow us on
Have questions? Community forum: http://forums.songtive.com or contact us at: email@example.com
What's New in Version 6.15.12142
Love the app? Rate us! Your feedback keeps us motivated to continue developing it.
Have a question? Tap Help in the app or visit forums.songtive.com.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 15, 2017
- Version: 6.15.12142
- Size: 101 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: Songtive SIA
- © 2017 Songtive
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.