By Brian West
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Piano Monkey is designed to help beginning music students develop quick note recognition in an approachable, game-like environment. Kids and adults alike love the animated monkey and cartoon sounds as an enjoyable supplement to any serious musical study.
- timed note recognition in four octaves -- no sharps or flats
- confidence building multiple choice format
- purple keyboard highlights provide immediate feedback for students -- the corresponding piano note is also played to help players develop pitch recognition
- option to advance questions by shaking the device or using a button
- round timing enables parent / child to compete by alternating rounds
- game mode setting allows separate treble clef / bass clef practice
- expressive cartoon monkey provides strong visual feedback for kids
What's New in Version 1.4
- audio optimization for recent iOS versions
I like this but it's crucial to have the Middle C marked on the keyboard in order to ensure the student is choosing the note that is in the correct octave. This is the complain I have for almost all piano note apps. It defeats the purpose if they are playing "low d" vs "middle d" etc...
No high or low c
The game does not include high or low c, or any notes above or below the grand staff.
- Category: Education
- Updated: Sep 17, 2012
- Version: 1.4
- Size: 7.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Brian West
- © Copyright Brian West 2010. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.