The Best Music Note Trainer on iPad
"Great tutor for piano beginners !!"
-- Zara56Mount, United States
"Just checked out the tutor function and with enough practice I will be learning how to read notes! Yay! This is awesome, thanks!"
-- Luucylu, United States
"Great app. I use it for teaching piano every day. The kids love it. The updates have been thorough and often."
-- r.constanzo, United Kingdom
"Really good app and great value! Bought it for my 10 year old daughter who is learning the piano, but I have found it really useful myself and I've been playing for years."
-- Eagle-20, United Kingdom
"Amazing. One of the best self learning apps I've used."
-- Yasin Bashir, United Kindom
"It actually makes it addictive to learn. Every time you finish a session you just know you can do better. Great app!"
-- music_dude, United States
"I've been a piano teacher for many years and wished such a tool would have been on the market 20 years ago - would have saved lots of frustrated hours of repetitions..... Wonderful app to learn and train the notes and their names and where to find them on the piano."
-- Carla12345, Germany
Whether you are a piano student looking for apps to help you on learning music notes, or you are a piano teacher who need a trainer app to help you in teaching classes, Piano Notes Pro is definitely what you need.
With a wide range of level control, Piano Notes Pro is not only an interesting game for experienced piano players, but is also a great music note tutor for piano students. It certainly can help you learn and practice music notes effectively on your iPad.
Piano Notes Pro is widely used and recommended by many piano teachers. It is the only professional choice for iPad!
- Full Keyboard Range: Cover all 88 keys of a piano.
- Teaching Mode: Tap a key to show its note and pitch name.
- Game Mode: Practice your sight-reading skill with games.
- Adjustable Range: Your practice can be focused on particular notes by setting note range.
- Quiz Types: 4 quiz types including Random, Ascending, Descending and Chords let you practice in different ways. Additional quiz types are available via in-app purchase.
- All Key Signatures: 15 key signatures for treble stave and bass stave.
- Help Modes: 3 help modes, including a Tutor mode for beginners.
- Colored Keys: In game mode, colors can be applied as hints. This is especially helpful for beginners and kids.
- Pitch Name Labels: White keys can be marked with their pitch names, 4 naming conventions provided.
- Multiple Notes: Unlike other similar apps showing only one note at a time, Piano Notes Pro shows multiple notes simultaneously in game mode. This is very important for improving sight-reading speed.
- Game Length Control: Each game quizzes you with up to 10 pages of notes. Both number of notes and number of pages are adjustable.
- Achievements: Improve your skill with fun by gaining achievements.
- Progress Report: Scores of all key-signatures of both clefs are clearly listed in a table.
- Keyboard Size Control: You can adjust the keyboard size to fit your need. 3 different sizes are available.
- Multiple User Profiles: With up to 40 user profiles, you can share the app with your friends or family members. This feature is also very useful for piano teachers to keep track of students' progress.
- Gorgeous Sound: High-quality, real and beautiful piano sound.
- MIDI Input: Support MIDI input with CoreMIDI (via Apple Camera Connection Kit and USB [to host] port on keyboard).
IMPORTANT NOTICE !!
- Please disable 3-finger gesture in iOS Settings while playing chords.
App preview music by http://instrumentalsfree.com
- Animation effect in Game Mode is now optional.
- iOS 10 tested.
- Minor bug fix.
Ratings and Reviews
Perfect learning tool
I've been playing piano off and on for years and never got good at reading music and thought is was about time to do so. Luckily I found this app and it's been great... exactly what I needed. Basically, it shows you notes and you play them on the keyboard. But there are many things that make it special... Getting a score turns it into a game which keeps you coming back for more. Unlike other apps that show one note at a time, this will show multiple notes at a time, which helps you look ahead and build up some speed. You have fine control over the range of notes to be tested and how long each game/session lasts. 3 different piano zoom levels is great. And finally, it just looks pretty well polished. My only request might be... when I get a note wrong, I sometimes don't notice that I got it wrong until 2 notes later, as I'm reading ahead and don't notice the text that pops up. A sound signaling a wrong note might be nice. ? Anyway, thanks Patrick for this great app. It's been really helpful and I'm excited that I can finally start reading simple sheet music much quicker now.
one of the two very best apps available
PianoNotes Pro made me the piano player I am; it is just excellent. I've also just discovered Note Trainer (the one by thoor) and I highly recommend both apps in combination. Both work superbly with my MIDI keyboard (requires $30 Lightning/USB camera adapter from Apple); my piano sight reading has gone from agonizingly slow to fluent in months. Both come with free iPhone versions. Differences: NT runs no timer, but only gives you one shot at hitting the right note(s); PNP does the opposite. NT is more structured and explanatory — it feels like more of a course; PNP keeps your high score like a video game, which I find wonderfully addictive (and has a guest setting too). NT teaches you the more complex chords when you're ready; PNP offers more personalization and now tests you on your scales. NT offers multiple-choice buttons too, for non-pianists; on the other hand PNP lets you slap the name of the notes on the onscreen keyboard if you choose. Between them these two apps have more than justified the price of my iPad and given me a full and effective education in piano-playing and sight reading. Thank you ShiningCode!
This is an excellent app for learning how to read notes. I purchased almost every app like this and nothing compares. The other programs have one or two good elements incorporated but they are always lacking something important like for example, they only teach the major scales but not the minor scales and or leave out the flats and sharps. Other apps have the full scale but they don't show you where the notes are and so on and so forth. So after downloading five different apps that teach sight reading, this is the best one so far.
Now to improve this app, in the next iteration of this software, we need to include sight reading games similar to the ones found on the "piano notes" app where you play against time. Also include the actual notes scale-wheel visual and make it interactive along with building in a pitch listening module. This is the most comprehensive software so far but I still have to use
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.