The Piano Partner 2 app provides a friendly, interactive way to help you learn and enjoy music with your Roland digital piano. Songs and DigiScore Lite show the piano’s internal music collection on your device’s display, while Rhythm and Flash Card allow you to build skills with intelligent accompaniment and engaging music exercises. Piano Partner 2 also enables your iPad/iPhone to work as a remote controller for your Roland piano, offering an intuitive graphic interface for even easier operation.
Recorder and Diary functions help you progress more quickly, allowing you to evaluate performances and keep track of your daily practice activities. The Diary logs stats about playing time, which keys you played, and more, and it’s even possible to share them with your family, friends, and teachers directly from the app. To use Piano Partner 2, connect your device and a compatible Roland piano wirelessly via Bluetooth®, or wired with a USB cable.
-Songs—browse and select music from your Roland digital piano’s onboard song library
-DigiScore Lite—display music notation for the onboard songs
-Rhythm—develop your sense of rhythm with accompaniment that follows the chords you play
-Flash Card game—fun challenges to develop ear-training and note-reading skills
-Remote Controller—control Roland digital piano functions from your mobile device
-Recorder—capture daily performances and listen back instantly
-Diary—track your daily activities and share progress statistics on social media such as Twitter
-Profiles—multiple users can track individual Diary data on one device
Make sure your Roland digital piano is updated with the most current system program. The latest system program and setup instructions can be found at the support pages at www.roland.com.
- A connection with the compatible model is required to use this application except for the part of Flash Card.
- The compatible model and an iPad or iPhone need Bluetooth connection or a wired connection by a USB cable.
- When connecting an iPad or iPhone to the piano via a USB cable, a USB cable and Apple’s iPad Camera connection Kit or Lightning-USB Camera Adapter are required.
- When using Piano Partner 2 with a compatible piano for the first time, an Internet connection for the tablet is required.
- Songs and DigiScore Lite corresponds to only a built-in song of the piano.
Log Retention Policies
The Piano Partner 2 app collects information when it is used, including the device type and how the app is used (the functions used, date and time of use, etc.). We will never use this data for the purpose of collecting any personal information or identifying a specific person.
We use the collected data for the following purposes only:
• To improve the functionality of Piano Partner 2 and future related apps.
• To create statistical analysis about how the app is used.
When you download and use the Piano Partner 2 app, it is accepted that you agree with the above policies. If you do not accept these policies, we recommend that you do not use the app.
- Improved stability of the network connection.
- Minor bugs fixed.
Ratings and Reviews
Excellent Interface for Roland Digital Pianos
As a music instructor, this app is an incredible tool for engaging anyone comfortable with using a tablet at the piano. As for the negative reviews saying the app won't connect, I've had no trouble whatsoever.
You must connect through the app to utilize Bluetooth midi, and when you want to use Bluetooth audio as in playing music through the piano's speaker, connect like you are using a Bluetooth speaker- which is typically through your 's settings.
This is must have app and companion to the high end Roland digital pianos.
Solution for not pairing
For all of the people here having a hard time pairing this app with their piano, have you tried updating your piano firmware? You can download the updated firmware from Roland's website and update the piano using a USB stick. Moreover, you can check the current firmware of your piano as well (there is a certain key combination) to press while powering your keyboard on. Hope this helps!
Unable to share recorded files - not good!
I like the simple design of the app, the ability to edit the sounds using the app, and the recording ability. However, I don’t use this app often due to one crucial flaw - no ability to share the files that have been recorded. I expected to be able to at least e-mail, upload, or transfer the files to my Mac to edit but there is NO way to do this. Please add the ability to transfer files to another device or service ASAP. Until then, I do not find this app very useful.
- Roland Corporation
- 31 MB
- Requires iOS 9.2 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Roland Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.