By Roland Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Experience the luxury of a digital piano with your iPad.
Piano Partner is iPad app that provides a fresh, interactive way to learn and play a piano with your Roland digital piano. (Some models may require a system update.)
* Piano Partner supports Roland’s LX-15e/15, HP508/507/506/505/504/503, DP90Se/90e/90S/90, RP401R, F-130R, FP-80/50 and F-20.
* DigiScore Lite is only compatible with the LX-15e/15, HP508/507/506/504, DP90Se/90e, RP401R and F-130R.
Piano Partner contains three applications: Flash Card, Content Browser, and DigiScore Lite.
• Flash Card is an interactive music game that builds your listening and reading skills in a fun.
• Contents Browser lets you quickly access hundreds of onboard sounds and songs of the connected Roland piano by category names on the iPad’s display.
• DigiScore Lite displays digital sheet music of the built-in songs on the iPad screen.
* Content Browser and DigiScore Lite are only available for the built-in songs. You can’t use your original piano recordings nor other SMF files.
* By inserting the Roland’s WNA1100-RL Wireless USB Adapter (sold separately) into the USB MEMORY port of your Roland piano, you can use Piano Partner applications on your iPad wirelessly.
* In order for the iPad to communicate with compatible Roland pianos using the WNA1100-RL, a wireless LAN access point with an Internet connection is required.
* Make sure your instrument is updated with the most current System Program. Some models may require a system update. Latest system program and setup instructions can be found at www.roland.com.
Localization setting required
I have F130R that I purchased when I was in Japan. To my disappointment, all the text is shown in Japanese (instrument lists, song lists, etc). I’d love to see a setting button to change the localization in the future update.
OK but should be so much better
Owners of the excellent Roland LX-15 deserve a better app - the connectivity here is a great start - but needs a lot more features to be truly useful:
- should allow playback of more than one song at a time
- should allow download of additional songs directly from within the app with option to store on iPad or LX-15
- should show notes as they are played on blank sheet music
- should have many more interactive games to help teach music
- why not just copy the features of the HPi-50?
Waste of money
WARNING: crippled for the f-20. The digiscore functionality isn't supported, so no playing along to sheet music as in the videos. You can play the built in songs sans score and get flash cards, which every other piano app supports anyway thru the built in iPad mic. Bought the net gear usb wifi for nothing, total waste of money.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Music
- Released: Aug 31, 2012
- Version: 1.0.0
- Size: 5.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Roland Corporation
- © 2012 Roland Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.