• Piano app to Learn Scales, Chords and How to Improvise in any key.
• Learn Scales and Chords by viewing as a reference or playing back.
• Follow Chord progression suggestions when improvising.
• Improvise to backing tracks or metronome, record and save.
• Highly configurable piano - multitouch, glissando, highlighting, note names (standard or solfege, resizable keyboard suitable for all devices and tablets.) .
• Scales and Chords Games to test knowledge. Advance through levels and an area to check to progress. Best way to learn is to test yourself on a piano
• Play any notes and the app will recognise the scale or chord you have played.
• All keys, all scales, modes, chords and root notes available. 1000s available.
• No in-app purchases.
*** Learn Scales and Chords ***
Select a scale, mode or chord from the extensive list.
These can be viewed as a reference or played along to or repeated.
Scales can be played ascending or descending or both.
Slow down / speed up the scale.
*** Scales and Chords Games ***
Select a level, or create your own level by choosing which scales/chords to focus.
Test your knowledge by playing it back on the piano.
Check your progress and win stars.
*** Improvise ***
Select a backing track (mp3, wav, MIDI) from your own music collection, or use the metronome.
Choose a key and the recommended notes will be highlighted.
Follow the suggestions of which chords to play within the key.
Record and Save your favorite melody and play back your tune at a later date.
*** Recognition ***
Play some notes and the app recognises which scale or chord you have played.
Minor Bug Fixes
Compiled to lastest iOS version
Ratings and Reviews
I like it and I expect it will be a significant help in learning basic music theory so I can have fun in the process too.
(I initially had a little trouble getting the sound going but this was not the app's fault. My privacy setting was on and this muted the sound.)
Thanks for such a useful app.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the review and for sharing with others how you unmuted the device so you could hear this piano scales & chords app.
Good app!...here's some suggestions though...
I wish that I could go over all inversions in all keys continuously and not be limited to the 12 that are randomly preselected for me. Or perhaps, I am able to select what keys I want to test on. Also to be able to review what you got wrong in the would be helpful. Good app!
Pretty good could be better
Good app, would really be great if you could use a midi keyboard, so that practice would be on an actual keyboard. This would strenghten the learning experience and help keyboarding skills. The ipad is great, but the virtual piano keyboard is less than spectacular.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.