Pianofly FM Synth
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It’s never been easier to perform music, or to create your own sounds. Play solo or jam along with any song in your music library. Let your fingers fly!
To make Pianofly a great instrument, we made a great keyboard: an 88-key, multi-touch piano keyboard that you can scroll while you play. The keys are large enough so even big fingers can always hit the right note. Yet by scrolling, a melody can span many octaves. Use the bar along the bottom to scroll silently, or to hold the keyboard in place. A great way for DJs to add effects or improvise over their playlist or for students to practice a new song.
We’ve included 60 instruments to show you the variety of sounds you can create, but we hope you’ll learn from our examples and then create your own instruments to match your needs and your musical taste. Finish off your sounds with a custom icon using any image in your photo library.
Even if Pianofly is your first synthesizer, you can easily create and discover new sounds: drag sound waves to make them longer or shorter, drag from one node to another to link them, or double tap a node to shape it over time. Synth experts will love the control, clarity and stability of our synth. You adjust the sound directly: no knobs, switches or buttons. And it all happens live; edit every aspect of the sound while you play!
* 16-bit, CD quality, polyphonic, multitimbral FM synthesizer.
* Up to 3 nodes per instrument.
* Node can be on, off or modulating another node.
* Node types: Sine, Square, Saw Tooth, Triangle, White Noise.
* Node range: 1 octave below, 2 octaves above the note played.
* ADSR envelope for each node to shape amplitude over time.
* 80 Instrument presets, edit our sounds or create your own.
* Choose any photo in your library as an instrument icon.
* Edit sounds while you play for pitch bends and modulation changes.
* Built-in help screens.
Visit www.miniMusic.com to watch videos of Pianofly in action; see how to play the scrolling keyboard and hear sound samples. Also read FAQs and documentation.
Use headphones or external speakers for the best sound. Take care of your ears, you only get two.
“I couldn’t put the damn thing down... it’s a lot of fun, impeccably made and a steal for the price.” -- App of My Eye
“4.5 stars - Recommended. A great choice for musicians interested in electronic sound.” -- 148 Apps
“The sound quality in Pianofly is excellent. This is a synth that’s been designed with the iPhone user in mind. A real step forward for mobile music.” -- Palm Sounds
What's New in Version 2.0
• Fixes screen rotation bug
• Universal app with iPad support
• Added triangle wave to waveforms
• Generated waveform graphics
• Keyboard lock to limit scrolling
• Gesture/button improvements
• New icon picker (zoom/crop your photos)
• See icon of sound being edited.
• New revert sound menu (factory sound or last session)
• High res graphics on all modern screen sizes/resolutions
• New, more efficient multi-touch handler
• UI adjusts to all modern screen sizes
• Updated help screens
• Performance improvements (frame sync, etc.)
• Brighter blue!