Pic Scanner: Scan old photographs & prints + crop automatically
By App Initio Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Scanning your old printed photos? Get this app. Scan one, two, three – even four pics at a time; they are cropped and saved automatically. No other app can do this.
What reviewers say:
- “Saves loads of time” (BBC Click)
- “Deserving of the rave reviews” (Cult of Mac)
- “App of the week” (iPad Insight)
- “40 Best Apps” (The Guardian)
- “Will Blow. Your. Mind.” (Gould Genealogy)
What users say:
- Love the app (GeneaGenie)
- Easy enough for a 6 or 66 year old (Yabaaca)
- Simple and easy! (Michelle Blair)
- Life saver (Digiitus)
Download now, and get ten scans free! Unlimited scanning and sharing with a one-time in-app purchase.
NOTE: Make sure you allow Pic Scanner to access your device's camera for scanning. Otherwise the app will close and you won't be able to scan (If this happens, go to Settings > Privacy > Camera and turn Pic Scanner 'ON'.)
- Scan, crop and straighten snapshots
- Automatic cropping: A huge effort-saver
- Filters: Sepia, B&W, Sharpness and other
- Captions to keep your memories fresh
- Albums to organize your digital photos
- Sharing: Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, email
- Digital archiving: Dropbox, iCloud
- Post to Picasa, Flickr, Instagram (via Camera Roll)
- Manual cropping and editing options
- No Internet needed to scan or view: No data costs!
- Privacy assured: You decide who sees your pics
- Leveling tool and automatic perspective correction
- Best app for photographs stuck in albums or frames
- ‘5 Minute Guide’ on www.appinitio.com/picscanner
After scanning your vintage pictorial heritage, convert it into family history themed gifts, unique heirloom mementos or illustrated family trees. Make greeting cards and foto wallpapers out of vacation or wedding pix. Find ideas on www.facebook.com/picscanner, www.pinterest.com/picscanner or @picscanner
For good resolution: (1) Use good lighting (2) Scan 1-2 photos at a time (3) Do not zoom (4) Tap screen to focus camera
For good cropping: (1) Place photos on white paper, NOT multicolor or patterned surface (2) ½” gap between pics (3) Hold camera centered over & parallel to pics
Pic Scanner is compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini and iPod Touch running iOS 8. It is not recommended for iPhone 3GS.
iPhone 4/4s users may experience occasional crashes due to memory/processing power limitations. To resolve, close all open apps, then reboot iPhone (Hold down Power + Home buttons until Apple logo appears).
Screenshots and video credits:
Photos: Thanks to Flickr users Archmage01, Peter B. Nyren, A.Davey, Allan Henderson, TempusVolat
Music: Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
What's New in Version 2.1.2
Fixes iPhone rotation bug
Easy and fun
I bought my wife Fuji brand instant camera that she loves. It's been a great present, and having cool instant photos is great, too. But it's a bit difficult to share them online. Pic Scanner has been a lifesaver for her! This app does a wonderful job of scanning the photos as if it were scanned with a real scanner. The quality is great, we now have hi-quality digital copies, and she can share them with me and her friends with her iPhone no problem. Simple, easy to use, peace of mind- Pic Scanner is the best! :D
Just what I’ve been looking for
I have used scanner apps before, but this one is just perfect for organizing and cataloging precious photographs. I’m old enough to still have physical photos lying around the house and in albums, and I’ve been looking for a practical solution to preserve my photos just in case. I highly recommend this app! Thank you!
Pic Scanner is practical and easy to use, and produces surprisingly good scans. Although the app allows you to scan 4 photos at once, I found out that it’s better to only do one or two at a time. It doesn’t take much longer but gives real sharper scans.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 09, 2014
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 16.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: App Initio Limited
- © App Initio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Share and Save$2.99