Pic Scanner: Batch scan old photographs & albums, preserve nostalgia
By App Initio Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A PHOTO SCANNER IN YOUR POCKET! Scan one, two, three – even four pictures at a time. It accurately detects, automatically crops and saves them individually. So much easier than scanning one by one. Breathe life back into your priceless photos, in a snap!
This is photo scanning, reinvented. Scan anywhere, anytime. No internet needed. Always 100% ad-free.
What reviewers say:
- “Saves loads of time” (BBC Click)
- “Deserving of the rave reviews” (Cult of Mac)
- “40 Best Apps” (The Guardian)
- “Will Blow. Your. Mind.” (Gould Genealogy)
What users say:
- Five stars: Real useful find, saves time (Dingence)
- Easy enough for a 6 or 66 years old (Yabaaca)
- Simple and easy! (Michelle Blair)
- Who needs a desktop scanner.. (Jenny Eaton)
What you can do:
- Simultaneously capture, auto-crop multiple photos
- Fully automated cropping: A huge effort-saver
- Retro filters: Sepia, B&W, Sharpness and other
- Add captions: Preserve cherished memories
- Albums: Organize your digital images in minutes
- Post to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Google+
- Share via email, Messages and WhatsApp
- Archiving: Save your nostalgia in Dropbox, iCloud
- Post to Picasa, Flickr, Pinterest via Photos
- Edit quickly: Trim, rotate and enhance
- Watch a slideshow of your digitized photos
- No Internet needed to scan or view: No data costs
- Privacy: Full control over who sees your pics
- Leveling tool and automatic perspective correction
- Scan albums & framed pics (Flatbed scanners can't!)
- ‘5 Minute Guide’ on www.appinitio.com/picscanner
Download now, and try a dozen scans free! Unlimited scanning and transfers require a one-time in-app purchase.
+ Scan vintage prints, calendars, posters, postcards and vinyl covers.
+ Have fun posting & sharing Throwback Thursday or #tbt snapshots.
+ A must-have app for genealogy, scrapbooking and journaling lovers.
+ Find foto craft ideas in the app and on our social media pages: Turn scanned pictorial heritage into family history-themed keepsakes, heirloom mementos, illustrated family trees, memorial tributes and wallpapers.
+ One-minute video of top scanning tips when you first launch Pic Scanner
This app is compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini and iPod Touch running iOS 8 or 9. It is not recommended for iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4.
iPhone 4 users: If memory or processing power limitations cause a crash, exit all open apps and reboot iPhone (Hold down Power + Home buttons until Apple logo appears).
Screenshots and video credits:
Photos: Thanks to Flickr users Archmage01, Peter B. Nyren, A.Davey, Allan Henderson, TempusVolat, Film Camera
Music (App preview): Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
What's New in Version 3.0
This amazing app just got even better! New in this major upgrade:
- View your photos as a slideshow
- Post photos to Instagram and WhatsApp
- Send photos via Messages
- Watch video of our top scanning tips
- Ideas for family-themed DIY photo crafts
- "Select All" button for bulk saving or deletion
- Much-enhanced '5 Minute Guide'
- Improved navigation for accessing features
- Lots more for the same low price!
Under the hood improvements: 64-bit support; higher resolution scans; bug fixes
Proper lighting is key!
This app does a good job at automatically separating and cropping groups of 4 photos. It definitely helps to quickly scan in multiple photos. However, the photo quality suffers due to the distance of the phone necessary to capture all 4 photos. Also, the lighting needs to be just right or it cannot distinguish between the different photos. Spend some time playing with it and you will get the hang of it. Read the 5 minute guide for helpful tips.
Great app, but crashes easily
I love the ease of use and streamlined editing process, but in the first 10 minutes of scanning 12 pics, editing them, and placing them in an album, it has crashed on me twice. I have an iPhone 6 with latest updates installed. Not sure if that has something to do with it or not, but I love the app and would love to see that improved.
Not what I expected
This app did a nice job of scanning photos one at a time. I have HUNDREDS of photos to scan and was hoping to scan multiple at the same time. Or at least one after another with hour having to accept each one. I wish I could ride the free version first before buying the app.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Sep 18, 2015
- Version: 3.0
- Size: 47.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: App Initio Limited
- © App Initio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Share and Save$2.99