Pic Scanner: Scan old photographs & prints + crop automatically
By App Initio Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Love looking at old family photos? Then this app is for you.
World’s fastest mobile app for scanning photos: Scan one, two, three – even four photos at a time; they’re cropped automatically and saved individually. No other app can do this.
What reviewers say:
- “Saves loads of time” (BBC Click)
- “Deserving of the rave reviews” (Cult of Mac)
- “App of the week” (iPad Insight)
- “40 Best Apps” (The Guardian)
- “Will Blow. Your. Mind.” (Gould Genealogy)
What users say:
- Love the app (GeneaGenie)
- Easy enough for a 6 or 66 year old (Yabaaca)
- Simple and easy! (Michelle Blair)
- Life saver (Digiitus)
- Scan, crop and straighten snapshots
- Automatic cropping: A huge effort-saver
- Filters: Sepia, B&W, Sharpness and other
- Captions to keep your memories fresh
- Albums to organize your digital photos
- Sharing: Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, email
- Digital archiving: Dropbox, iCloud
- Post to Picasa, Flickr, Instagram (via Camera Roll)
- Manual cropping and editing options
- No Internet needed to scan or view: No data costs!
- Privacy assured: You decide who sees your pics
- Leveling tool and automatic perspective correction
- Best app for photographs stuck in albums or frames
- ‘5 Minute Guide’ on www.appinitio.com/picscanner
Download now, and get ten scans free! (Unlimited scanning and sharing with a one-time in-app purchase.)
Convert your scanned vintage pictorial heritage into family history themed gifts, unique heirloom mementos or illustrated family trees. Make greeting cards and foto wallpapers out of vacation or wedding pix. Find ideas on www.facebook.com/picscanner, www.pinterest.com/picscanner or @picscanner
For good resolution: (1) Use good lighting (2) Scan 1-2 photos at a time (3) Do not zoom (4) Tap screen to focus camera
For good cropping: (1) Place photos on white paper, NOT multicolor or patterned surface (2) ½” gap between pics (3) Hold camera centered over & parallel to pics when sanning
Pic Scanner is compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini and iPod Touch running iOS 8. It is not recommended for iPhone 3GS.
iPhone 4/4s users may experience occasional crashes due to memory/processing power limitations. To resolve, close all open apps, then reboot iPhone (Hold down Power + Home buttons until Apple logo appears).
Screenshots and video credits:
Photos: Thanks to Flickr users Archmage01, Peter B. Nyren, A.Davey, Allan Henderson, TempusVolat
Music: Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
What's New in Version 2.1.2
Fixes iPhone rotation bug
Pic Scanner is practical and easy to use, and produces surprisingly good scans. Although the app allows you to scan 4 photos at once, I found out that it’s better to only do one or two at a time. It doesn’t take much longer but gives real sharper scans.
Without doubt the best photo scanner app I came across this year. Does a far better job on photos than other document scanner apps I tried out and does not force you to upload personal photos to their server. Highly recommended.
Mother's Day came early...
Mom found a box of old photos...and because I'm the only iPhone user in my family, I am the one who get to scan them all. Could you put this app on other platforms so I can get some help from the rest of my family?!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Dec 09, 2014
- Version: 2.1.2
- Size: 16.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: App Initio Limited
- © App Initio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Share and Save$2.99