Pic Scanner: Batch scan old photos & prints, preserve nostalgic images for posterity
By App Initio Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pic Scanner — the world’s fastest multiple-image scanner app. Scans one, two, three – even four pictures at a time, accurately detects edges, automatically crops and saves them all individually. No other app does this. Breathe life back into your priceless photos and albums in a snap!
What reviewers say:
- “Saves loads of time” (BBC Click)
- “Deserving of the rave reviews” (Cult of Mac)
- “40 Best Apps” (The Guardian)
- “Will Blow. Your. Mind.” (Gould Genealogy)
What users say:
- Awesome scanner for photos! (Jason R. Memphis)
- Easy enough for a 6 or 66 years old (Yabaaca)
- Simple and easy! (Michelle Blair)
- Life saver (Digiitus)
- Simultaneously capture, auto-crop multiple photos
- Fully automated cropping: A huge effort-saver
- Retro filters: Sepia, B&W, Sharpness and other
- Captions: Preserve cherished memories forever
- Albums: Easily organize your digital images
- Instant sharing: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, email
- Archiving: Save your nostalgia in Dropbox, iCloud
- Post to Picasa, Flickr, Instagram (via Camera Roll)
- Edit your photos: Manual cropping, quick editing
- No Internet needed to scan or view: No data costs
- Privacy: Full control over who sees your pics
- Leveling tool and automatic perspective correction
- Scan albums & framed pics (Flatbed scanners can't!)
- ‘5 Minute Guide’ on www.appinitio.com/picscanner
Download now, and try a dozen scans free! Unlimited scanning and transfers require a one-time in-app purchase.
+ Scan vintage prints, calendars, posters, postcards and vinyl covers.
+ Have fun posting & sharing Throwback Thursday or #tbt snapshots.
+ A must-have app for genealogy, scrapbooking and journaling lovers.
+ Foto crafts ideas on our Facebook and Pinterest pages: Easily turn scanned pictorial heritage into family history-themed keepsakes, heirloom mementos, illustrated family trees, memorial tributes and wallpapers.
For high resolution (DPI): (1) Use good lighting (2) Scan 1-2 pictures at a time (3) Do not zoom (4) Tap screen to focus and capture every detail (4) Hold camera steady.
For best cropping: (1) Place photos on white or plain paper, not multicolor or patterned surface (2) ½” gap between pics (3) Hold camera centered over and parallel to pics
This app is compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini and iPod Touch running iOS 8. It is not recommended for iPhone 3GS.
iPhone 4 users: If memory or processing power limitations cause a crash, exit all open apps and reboot iPhone (Hold down Power + Home buttons until Apple logo appears).
Screenshots and video credits:
Photos: Thanks to Flickr users Archmage01, Peter B. Nyren, A.Davey, Allan Henderson, TempusVolat, Film Camera
Music: Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
What's New in Version 2.1.3
+ More free scans & shares (12 + 12 now, versus 10 + 3 earlier.)
+ Other enhancements
This is one useful app. Scans well and crops automatically. Multi-picture scanning is a fun feature but I always scan one photo at a time: iPhone only takes 8 meg pixel photos, divvy those pixels up 2-3 ways and scan sharpness suffers.
Who needs a desktop scanner when you have Pic Scanner?
I’ve had my trust scanner for ages, but it’s starting to fall apart. After a quick Google search, I found this app. I downloaded it and tried it out, and it works like a charm!
The main issue with this app is that it can't correct for perspective like other scanning apps. The cropping is always a rectangle. The app gives you an 'OK' when your phone is level, but that is based on the accelerometer, not based on having detected a rectangle in the image. Also, the price after 12 scans fyi : $2.99. A document scanner would be a better choice.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: May 13, 2015
- Version: 2.1.3
- Size: 16.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: App Initio Limited
- © App Initio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Share and Save$2.99