Pic Scanner: Batch scan old photos & prints, preserve nostalgic images for posterity
By App Initio Limited
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
A PHOTO SCANNER IN YOUR POCKET !! This is the world’s only multiple-photo scanner app. Scans one, two, three – even four pictures at a time, accurately detects edges, automatically crops and saves them all individually. No other app does this. Breathe life back into your priceless photos and albums, in a snap!
What reviewers say:
- “Saves loads of time” (BBC Click)
- “Deserving of the rave reviews” (Cult of Mac)
- “40 Best Apps” (The Guardian)
- “Will Blow. Your. Mind.” (Gould Genealogy)
What users say:
- Awesome scanner for photos! (Jason R. Memphis)
- Easy enough for a 6 or 66 years old (Yabaaca)
- Simple and easy! (Michelle Blair)
- Who needs a desktop scanner.. (Jenny Eaton)
What you can do:
- Simultaneously capture, auto-crop multiple photos
- Fully automated cropping: A huge effort-saver
- Retro filters: Sepia, B&W, Sharpness and other
- Captions: Preserve cherished memories forever
- Albums: Easily organize your digital images
- Instant sharing: Facebook, Twitter, Google+, email
- Archiving: Save your nostalgia in Dropbox, iCloud
- Post to Picasa, Flickr, Instagram (via Camera Roll)
- Edit your photos: Manual cropping, quick editing
- No Internet needed to scan or view: No data costs
- Privacy: Full control over who sees your pics
- Leveling tool and automatic perspective correction
- Scan albums & framed pics (Flatbed scanners can't!)
- ‘5 Minute Guide’ on www.appinitio.com/picscanner
Download now, and try a dozen scans free! Unlimited scanning and transfers require a one-time in-app purchase.
+ Scan vintage prints, calendars, posters, postcards and vinyl covers.
+ Have fun posting & sharing Throwback Thursday or #tbt snapshots.
+ A must-have app for genealogy, scrapbooking and journaling lovers.
+ Foto crafts ideas on our Facebook and Pinterest pages: Easily turn scanned pictorial heritage into family history-themed keepsakes, heirloom mementos, illustrated family trees, memorial tributes and wallpapers.
For high resolution (DPI): (1) Use good lighting (2) Scan 1-2 pictures at a time (3) Do not zoom (4) Tap screen to focus and capture every detail (4) Hold camera steady.
For best cropping: (1) Place photos on white or plain paper, not multicolor or patterned surface (2) ½” gap between pics (3) Hold camera centered over and parallel to pics
This app is compatible with iPhone, iPad, iPad Air, iPad Mini and iPod Touch running iOS 8. It is not recommended for iPhone 3GS.
iPhone 4 users: If memory or processing power limitations cause a crash, exit all open apps and reboot iPhone (Hold down Power + Home buttons until Apple logo appears).
Screenshots and video credits:
Photos: Thanks to Flickr users Archmage01, Peter B. Nyren, A.Davey, Allan Henderson, TempusVolat, Film Camera
Music: Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com)
What's New in Version 2.1.3
+ More free scans & shares (12 + 12 now, versus 10 + 3 earlier.)
+ Other enhancements
Easy to use, some glitches
Will crash randomly. Also I just uploaded about 50 photos to Facebook, yet NONE of the captions that I typed were uploaded with the pictures. Now I have to go back into all the pictures and re type everything. This didn't use to happen, very frustrating.
My flatbed scanner is ideal for converting old print photos, but this app does a decent enough job for mobile scanning. Pictures scanned with my other scanner anyway get downsized when emailed or posted, so I’ll use this app for those. The $2.99 price (after a rather short free trial) is reasonable enough.
Use for albums
I have used Scancafe scanning service and was very pleased. But they only do loose photos, not albums. Being able to scan those is this application’s main plus point for me.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: May 13, 2015
- Version: 2.1.3
- Size: 16.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: App Initio Limited
- © App Initio
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Share and Save$2.99