Fret not fellow songwriters; the tool for fast songwriting is here! With this app you can write your own songs without having to be a theory expert!
Built on a custom chord library, this innovative tool allows you to capture, write, and plan out all of your songwriting ideas.
WHAT CAN IT DO?
• Spark Your Creativity & Beat Songwriter's Block
Break out of your creative block and unlock your ultimate jam out with chord family magic. Use the "Quick Chords" feature and the app will give you 14 random chords to test out. And guess what? It's powered by chord families so no matter how you mix and match them, your progressions will be off to a solid start!
• Stay Organized
Chords, notes, lyrics, and recordings are neatly packaged together. Magical Pick™ wants to make sure you never lose that perfect sound or the ideas with it.
• Write By Sound
Our custom progression builder allows you to hear the chords as you build your song so that you can easily capture the sound you are after, even if your guitar is not with you.
• All 24 Key Options
Enjoy exploring and learning how to play in different keys. We have 6000+ chords from all 21 types, not just the majors, minors, and 7ths.
• Efficient Songwriting
Tap on the chords to hear what they sound like first. You will save loads of time chasing your sound when you don’t have to worry about playing the chords that would not have worked. If you like a chord, swipe it to your progression! From there you can also tap to hear, re-order, remove, duplicate…whatever works best for you to capture your idea.
• Learn Your Chords
Covers are fun, but the reward comes from making your own masterpiece. We allow you to see and hear how each chord should be played.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
Whether you are just staring or a seasoned writer, Magical Pick™ gets you into a place of easy experimentation and songwriting creativity. Start by creating the structure, add lyrics, and make a recording...it all stays organized neatly for you.
Need to communicate your song ideas more effectively? You can use this app to build out your song ideas and your band mates will immediately know what to play and how you want them to play it.
Trying to get the perfect sound for your client? Build it out on Magical Pick™ and not only can they hear the core of the idea, they'll be able to see exactly what chords to play and how to play them.
THE NUTS & BOLTS
• Curated chord library of over 6000 chords
• “Quick Chord” randomizer that pulls 14 chords from the library for you to play & create sparks with
• Filtering to view in chord or list view
• Filtering to limit chord library results based on 21 chord types
• Custom progression builder for audibly creating your ideas
• Restructure function that allows you to reorder, duplicate, or delete chords in your progression
• Recording feature that allows for tagging the recordings to compositions, progressions, or just leaving it loose as a quick take.
• Journal entry feature that allows for tagging notes and lyrics to compositions, progressions, or just leaving it loose as a quick note
• Studio view that allows you to easy access all of your compositions, progressions, recordings, and journal entries.
• Ability to quickly duplicate progressions and compositions
• Ability to share recordings and notes via SMS and Email
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Terms Of Service: https://termsfeed.com/terms-conditions/73ee40ab88943ac49aec8c4799331de0
A huge "Thank you!" to all the wonderful songwriters that have given us such a great reception and terrific feedback over the last year. As requested, this update removes the subscription entirely and the app is now available for purchase directly from the app store! Buy it today, use it forever, and...get the fun updates we have planned for 2019 and on ;) We can't wait to hear what you write!
P.S. Don't forget to try out the "Quick Chords" feature from the filters...it's pretty fantastic!
Ratings and Reviews
Find a great chord progression
I really like everything about this app—its an insanely easy way to write songs. But my one complaint is that once you pick a key for your song, it confines you to just the relative chords for that key. For example, I really want to do An Asus2 chord to a B major but I can’t cause the song is in D. Fix plz?
Developer Response ,
Hey there Music gut! Thanks so much for the feedback, it's helpful for us to know where any trouble spots are for users when they use our app so that we can make effective improvements. You'll be happy to hear that pulling in chords from the other keys is something we are currently working on and should be available with our next update :)
Pretty nifty once you figure it out
Kind of clunky and I know it’s coming soon but I would really love the ability to change keys in a song and use chords from outside the key.
Still I think this will do wonders for my efficiency.
Developer Response ,
Thanks so much for the review Guitarmiller9! Happy to hear that you're experiencing those benefits to songwriting efficiency :) You are also correct, that ability will be coming with this next update and we're excited to hear how people interact with it. Happy songwriting!
Find a great chord progression
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.