Pickleball Score Keeper is the first Pickleball app designed for Apple Watch. It turns your Apple Watch into a simple and easy-to-use score tracking device. All matches are stored on your iPhone and key statistics give you insights on how to improve your game.
- Keep track of all your matches (with or without an Apple Watch)
- Singles and doubles match modes
- Identify teammates and opponents
- Track your unforced errors
- Service statistics
- Player database to keep notes on opponent strengths and weaknesses
- Follow live matches point by point
- Integrates with Health app (steps taken, running distance, maximum heart rate, calories burned) to help you gain insight into your Pickleball workouts as well as to monitor how hard your opponents make you work
How to use the Watch app:
It is so simple. Just start the app from your Apple Watch.
- Select game setup (i.e.: Doubles, Game to 11, Win by 2)
- Swipe towards you when you win a rally.
- Swipe away from you when you lose a rally.
- Swipe right to record an unforced error.
- Swipe left to undo.
Scores are spoken aloud and gentle vibrations allow you to continue play without looking at your watch.
Player positions and current server are shown on the watch face in case you lose track.
The watch is by default set to wake to the watch face. If Pickleball Score Keeper does not open on Wrist Raise gesture during a match, please do the following from the watch home screen:
1. Tap Settings > tap General > tap Wake Screen
2. Make sure that "Wake Screen on Wrist Raise" is turned on.
3. Scroll down to "Resume to: Previous Activity" and checkmark.
Pickleball Score Keeper is evolving with the features YOU want. Please don’t be shy to use the Feedback button on the Pickleball Score Keeper iPhone app to contact us with ideas and suggestion. We welcome your feedback.
Ratings and Reviews
A few months ago I didn’t find any score apps that worked for the Apple Watch, but now there is this one, and it works great. I’d envisioned an interface where you tap on a quadrant to record points or turnovers, but the swiping method here is much better. Other than more stats just for fun sakes, I’m not sure what could be better. Perhaps a manual edit button to change the score and player position, in case you get off somehow and need more than an undo. Also, perhaps at least allow for a tap and hold to select edit player on the watch, and then select an opposing player and have the crown scroll through the alphabet. This way, instead of A and B for the opposite side, I could change it to Y and W, denoting the yellow shirt and white shirt opponents. Otherwise, I’m not sure I personally would recognize when they go out of position, not remembering who is A and who is B.
Great for singles and doubles in keeping track of where to serve and scoring. Play with an opponent who has the patience to let you get used to the strokes and allow you to correct if you swipe wrong. It is well worth it for both of you to keep accurate scoring. I’m looking forward to understanding the game more so that I can use error tracking.
Great app for scoring and error tracking
Only thing I would add is the ability to record a match that I’m not playing in. That would help us organize our local pickleball night.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.