PicLab Studio - Creative Editing & Graphic Design
By MuseWorks, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
PicLab Studio is the go-to app for your design needs. Produce stunning images by combining text, artwork, graphics, effects & photos.
How people are using PicLab Studio:
- Social media graphics
- Typography design
- Event promotion
- Birthday cards & invitations
- Special sales offers
- Screenshot markups
- Watermarked photos
- Real estate promotion
- Pinterest posts
- Album covers
- Business cards
- Inspirational quotes
- Meme creation
... and so much more.
• Projects - Save your projects with fully editable history and open them later. Share the project file with a friend for creative collaboration.
• Advanced Text Tools - Create beautiful typography with either your own fonts, or our carefully selected collection from some of the most talented designers from around the world. Easily add multiple text layers, controlling their size, positioning, opacity, rotation, kerning, leading & color. You can also curve, bend, erase, and apply 3D transformations to your text!
• Gorgeous Artwork - PicLab Studio comes jam-packed with hundreds of irresistibly gorgeous illustrations, decorative ornaments, and design elements.
• Layer-based Editing - Our layer-based editing makes complex design simple to create. Tap the layer menu to select one or multiple layers to edit. You can also re-arrange their orders by long-tapping and dragging to the desired position.
• Add Custom Artwork - Import custom artwork or your own logo, and use it in your photos as a fully editable layer. This is perfect for the mobile creative, and helpful for branding efforts everywhere. You could also use this feature as a collage or scrapbook tool!
• Blend & Erase Tools - Erase parts of your artwork, text, or imported photo layers & apply several different blend modes to create unique images. There is also a built in "focus mode" - which allows for great precision when the eraser is active.
• Drawing - Use these tools to create an illustration, make notes on an image, mark up a photo for business, or add a signature for personal touch.
• Shapes - Create vector shapes and control their properties with ease.
• Moods - Apply one of our uniquely beautiful Moods to add personality to your photos. Choose from our carefully crafted blend of color tones, light leaks, magical effects, and more!
• Photo Filters - Choose from our collection of filters to get the look you desire.
• Photo Adjustments - Finely tune the brightness, contrast, exposure, saturation, and the blur level of your photos.
• Font Installation - Install your own fonts! Use a method in which you can deliver an .otf or .ttf file to your device, such as Dropbox or Email. Then use the "Open With..." option, and choose PicLab HD.
• Crop Tool - Choose from a variety of aspect ratios - including the popular 1:1 ratio - perfect for Instagram.
• Frames - Choose from a collection of our dynamic photo frames, with the ability to adjust their color.
Have any questions? Get in touch!
Tag your photos on Instagram with #PicLabStudio for a chance to be featured on our gallery!
What's New in Version 2.10
Still pixelates photos
I was happy to see the latest version of PicLab Studio saves images at a higher resolution; unfortunately, the actual quality of the rendered images is astonishingly poor. While text and other added elements are rendered in high quality, the original background photo comes out very pixelated, even when using source images that are higher resolution than the final output (12MP source vs. 6.75MP output). The resulting background appears as if it had been reduced to a very small resolution, then re-enlarged without interpolation/smoothing; it actually looks worse than the old version's 1MP maximum size. This new version also seems to have no option for exporting projects as common JPG files, instead saving only to lossless PNG format, which for the vast majority of projects will take up considerably more space without any perceptible benefit in quality. Note that neither of these problems is immediately evident when viewing on an iPhone; the pixelation issue is only noticeable when zooming in or printing, and the wasteful PNG issue will only become apparent once your photo album begins to swell in size.
Good potential, but terrible execution...
The features and functions (for a mobile based application, at least) are quite good and have the potential to give you a cool photo editing tool on the go...
But it does not work well. I guess it just has a ton of bugs. ie. when you save a project and come back to it some elements are missing or have shifted, if you want to revert to last saved (so exit and come back it) for some reason asks if you are sure because you will lose all changes when you exit but then saves everything anyway. If you layer photos the layers become white when you try to edit and you can't undo. Very slow and often crashes....just to name a few of the bugs I encountered in the past few minutes using this app, there are more that I can't recall at the moment.
Like I said, great potential, but terrible execution...
I legit just purchased this app and the major thing I got it for was to have it open and crop photos.
When I go into the cropping command, corner handles aren't working. I can't resize or move the selection box to my desired location. Highly annoyed with it.
There's a million cropping apps on the AppStore but this one was touted as a comprehensive image editor. Far from that
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Mar 21, 2017
- Version: 2.10
- Size: 53.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: MuseWorks, Inc.
- © 2016 MuseWorks, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Unlock All ArtworksFree
- Typographic Phrases Artwork PackFree
- Decorative Elements Artwork PackFree
- Christmas Artwork PackFree
- Cartoon Fun Artwork PackFree
- Summer Artwork PackFree
- Laurels & Wreaths Artwork PackFree
- Spring Artwork PackFree