Pico Compiler is a lightweight development environment for writing Java and Pascal programs. It is designed primarily for students, providing the ability to interactively evaluate source code while learning programming.
• Develop mobile apps in Java and Pascal
• Upload your app to our cloud, so that it could be run from a web browser.
• Developer keyboard - Developer keyboard adds a new row of keys to the default on-screen keyboard. It consists of swipe buttons with all common symbols, punctuation and brackets, and a special navigation key.
• Smart code completion - Pico will complete the names of classes, methods, fields, and keywords within the visibility scope. When you invoke code completion, Pico Compiler analyses the context and suggests the choices that are reachable from the current position of the caret.
• Black UI theme - protect your eyes with the dark theme.
• Cloud syntax checker – the syntax of your code is checked in cloud for better mistakes and error description.
Due to app store regulation the app cannot download code from the Internet (svn, git etc.). The app is designed as an educational tool and cannot be used to develop complex projects (Spring, Hibernate, Java EE etc). Visit project website at https://www.marcinolawski.pl/pico/ to learn all Pico features and limitations.
Java is registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates.
The Pico Compiler project is not affiliated with Oracle.
• Pascal support
Ratings and Reviews
Not really for students?
I just want to upload a little bit of code to blackboard, as I am a student. I cannot find a way to do it. It is very frustrating, as my iPad Pro is my only computer at the moment and this app was a little bit of hope for me. As I want this is to the only computer I need. I just want to do a little bit of coding on here and be able to export the “.java” file. So that’s one star off, another is off because it doesn’t work without internet.
New to java
So I decided to become a programmer! I’m using eclipse and netbeans when I have the time to sit at home and I really wanted to be able to program on my iPad while studying. I must say I can do it and although it has some nuances it really is enough for me. Thanks
Doesn’t work offline.
Is a good app to test snippets and short programs, unfortunately doesn’t work offline.
- Marcin Olawski
- 98.8 MB
- Requires iOS 10.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German, Japanese, Polish, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Marcin Olawski
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.