By New Line Technology Group
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★★★★★ “Awesome Application with so many features and it’s perfect for children with special needs. The icons are easy to use and they are larger icons so that even children with fine motor delays can easily find and press the icons. My two year old was able to learn how to use this app within minutes!” – Sara W. LBC Pre-School
★★★★★ “Great APP! PicTalk is a very approachable application for toddlers. It’s easy for parents and children to use while still possessing many useful tools for therapists. ” – James H. Little Bitty City Therapeutic Services
★★★★★ “Wonderful expressive language app! My box makes a unique and personalized addition for therapy professionals or parents that actively engage in teaching toddlers with ASD or speech/language delays" - Ashlee T. Little Bitty City Therapeutic Services
PicTalk™ Toddler is an affordable, easy to use, alternative communication application specifically designed for the iPAD. This application was designed by New Line Technology Group in efforts to assist therapists, parents, and caregivers find an effective way for toddlers and children with speech delays or severe speech disorders a way to communicate effectively. PicTalk™ Toddler helps young children communicate with their family, caregivers, teachers, friends, and others that they meet in everyday life.
Developed in collaboration with therapists and teachers who work with toddlers and children that have speech delays, PicTalk™ Toddler offers picture icons that are organized by categories that reflect natural speech development. With PicTalk’s integrated text to speech application, it opens additional doors to enhance your child’s learning and educational path. The large icons make interaction with PicTalk™ Toddler much easier for children with motor skill delay’s or deficiencies.
The free version is fully functional (yet still limited) to allow you to see how the app works and to hear the clarity of the voices. Only a handful of items are unlocked for you to test out. To unlock the app, you must purchase the upgrade via In-App purchases.
Current In-App Purchases:
• App Upgrade ***NEW LOW PRICE*** - $19.99 USD - Unlocks all items in the Eat, Drink, Feel, I Want To Go, I Want To, Questions, and Favorites categories. It also allows you to add up to 16 custom items to My Box. That is over 100 items.
• Sports Pack - $2.99 USD - Unlocks all items in the sports pack
• Weather Pack - $2.99 USD - Unlocks all items in the weather pack
UPDATED NEW LOW PRICE!!!! ONLY $19.99 (was $49.99)
• Intuitive design (Child Friendly) and Very Easy to Use
• Name Tag – so that even if your child cannot speak his/her name other people will know it
• Over 150+ words and phrases with Commonly Used Tool Bar located at the bottom for easy access
• Managed Categories for easy to find and use picture talk icons
• Choice of Male or Female Voices
• Customize “MY BOX” – Build your own sentences, phrases, or questions by using your own pictures!
• Easily create profiles for each child enabling you to create specific “My Box” icons for that child!
• Designed for iPad
New Features Coming Soon in 2012-2013!
• More icons for each category
• Ability to place “My Box” items in categories
• Short Talk – Allowing you to turn on “Short Talk” which will only say “WANT EAT” instead of “I Want to eat”
• Additional Categories
• Additional Languages Soon!
• Custom “MY CHOICES” Category!
• Much More!
We just downloaded and purchased this app for our 2 year old autistic son. So far it seems like we will be able to use this well for him. There are only a few things that I would like to see with this app... It would be great if the icons could be rearranged so that the ones used the most could be grouped together. Also, it would be nice to be able to record your own saying for everything.
Other than that, this app looks like it will be well worth the $20 in time.
Thanks for updating the description!
I was excited to grab this app for free to test out- I thought it was a full version that happened to be on sale. There is nothing in the description saying this is a lite version, and the screenshots in the iTunes description show the full, un-locked version. (My screens have lock symbols on the majority of categories ???) Tthere's nothing really to test out without making in-app purchases to unlock the categories, and when I click on the locked categories, it asks if I want to purchase all 7 categories, but doesn't tell me how much they cost. I can say the voice is pretty nice- it is computerized but clear and pleasant enough, the cartoon images look great on the iPad as well. The sentence window uses a clear red font. I do like how you can add multiple profiles, or easily access them with a long press on the "Hello My Name is ...." badge. I also like how you can add your own pictures but it is not clear if they can be put into separate categories or if they will be all lumped together in a "custom pictures" folder.
Update #1- I was contacted by someone close to the app who put my mind more at ease about the in-app purchases. You can tap "Buy" to figure out how much the in-app purchases will cost, without actually buying it- it will take you to the app store and will display the price- then you can choose whether to pay for it by clicking again on the price. I am still not clear on how I can store/categorize custom photos but will be contacting the dev for an answer soon.
Update #2- Thanks for adding the in-app purchase information to the app description for potential buyers. I also wanted to comment on the password feature as something I appreciate to allow only the adult access to restricted areas. I think the planned updates listed in the description sound great- especially the ability to place My Box items in the categories- that should be very helpful and addresses my question. I will keep an eye on this app, and try it out again soon, thanks!
- Category: Education
- Released: Aug 15, 2012
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 10.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Jonathan Terauchi
- © 2012 New Line Technology Group
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- PicTalk Toddler App Upgrade$19.99
- PicTalk Weather Pack$2.99
- PicTalk Sports Pack$2.99