Everyone loves to tell fun, engaging, and imaginative stories. Go ahead and make a social story or visual schedule for a child with autism or a slide show of holiday pictures for your friends - Pictello makes it a breeze to create and share! Whether you use the included natural-sounding Text to Speech voices, or record your own voice, Pictello is the perfect tool for visual storytelling.
Each page in a Pictello story consists of a photo or video and some text, which can be read aloud by a Text to Speech voice or your own recorded audio.
Develop literacy skills
- Support reading with word-by-word text highlighting
- Develop writing and spelling with built-in word prediction and Speak as You Type
- Create stories to teach academic and social skills
- Import free early literacy and adapted academic books from Tar Heel Reader
Create and playback with ease
- Let students use the wizard to create stories
- Play stories page by page or as a slideshow
- Use Text to Speech voices to read the story
- Turn on switch access for story playback
- Add your own photos
- Include short video clips
- Record your own voice or sound
Share your stories
- Share with other Pictello users through our free sharing server
- Use Dropbox to exchange stories
- Export to PDF or print to share with non-Pictello users
Speak your language
- Pick English, Spanish, German, French, Italian or Dutch for the user interface
- Select from over 110 free Text to Speech voices in 29 languages
- Use genuine American, British, Australian, American-Spanish, Swedish, French, Italian, German, Norwegian and Swedish children's voices
- Create interest with fun character and specialty voices
Customize to fit your needs
- Pick between Wizard or Expert creation modes
- Swipe or automatically turn pages
- Adjust speech rate and pronunciations
Read more at www.assistiveware.com/products/pictello
Educational institutions can get a 50% discount if they purchase 20 or more licenses through Apple’s Volume Licensing Program for Education.
This update introduces the first genuine Dutch Text to Speech voices for children, Merel and Thijs. We spent nearly a year creating these voices in collaboration with Acapela Group and NSGK, and we’re very happy to be able to offer young Dutch AAC users voices which they can identify with.
Version 3.5 includes some bug fixes. This update also includes display optimization for all models of iPad.
Thanks again for using our app!
Ratings and Reviews
Love the app! Hate the update: shouldn’t change look when issuing an update.
We love this app, it has been robust, and we have been using it daily everywhere for my non-verbal teenage son for more than 2 years (for activity schedules, photo albums he shares with peers, and almost everything we can think of). WHY DID YOU CHANGE THE COLOR OF THE BUTTONS? Since the app update, we have to reteach the app. My son stopped using the buttons because . the color scheme changed, and the forward/backward buttons are orange and less visually distinct. Don’t make things cutesy for this population!!! Any visual changes are a major change for people with cognitive and visual-processing differences. Don’t do it again. This time we’ll put the hours in to reteach it. Next time offer the option of retaining the old look and feel or accepting the changes with any updates your designers want to make.
How do I share stories?
Um, this needs work. Where is the story code to share? Can I pull pics off the Internet ?
Just when I thought it couldn't get any better!
We were already so in love with this app…and then it happened, now you can add videos! We love it because it is so easy to use for myself and for my very highly impacted, nonverbal 11 yr old with autism. She never had any interest before of looking at pictures of her family or of social stories, I just don't think she saw the need. Now, after putting family albums and some motivating stories about her fav foods, she's hooked!:) I thought she'd only want to look at certain ones, but she goes through them all, over and over, even the social stories, like Going to the Dentist! I'm amazed at her response and so pleased! But now, with videos, when I added videos of her bowling to her story about her very first time bowling and of her playing in the water at the beach, I can't even describe her face! She grinned from ear to ear and then was just giddy! Now, that is priceless!!
- AssistiveWare B.V.
- 829.4 MB
- Requires iOS 9.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2010-2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.