Picture Card Maker PLUS
By Bo Innovations
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
CREATE - COMMUNICATE - PRINT!
Picture Card Maker Plus is an ideal tool for parents and educators.
Picture Card Maker Plus can be used by people of all ages including young toddlers learning to talk to adults who struggle with speech. It is also designed to benefit children/adults with a disability such as those with autism who have difficulty communicating their needs and wants.
Picture Card Maker Plus allows you to easily create personal Picture Cards or visuals and attaching your own voice for users to make requests and comments. Your picture cards can be PRINTED off in various sizes to suit your needs.
The app is designed for you to personalise and to create your own picture cards. You may take your own photos or select an image from our library which currently has hundreds of images. Many more images will gradually be added to new updates. Creating your picture cards with thousands of Google images is also a breeze, go to www.picturecardmaker.com to find out how.
This app is very versatile. Here are some of the ways you can use Picture Card Maker:
* Use it as communication device for those struggling with speech. Users can make choices directly or use the 'Sentence Strip' feature to communicate in sentences. To add cards onto the sentence strip, simply double tap the card;
* Use it as a lanyard, carrying all your symbols on your iPhone or iPod touch, with an easy SWIPE-TO-SCROLL through cards feature;
* Use it to create social stories. Create a story, record with your own voice and have it read out to you as you navigate each page;
* Learn how to read and construct sentences. Users can reorder the sentences that has been created on the sentence strip so that it makes sense;
* Or simply use it as a photo album with text and voice. Store albums of family members; friends; favourite toys; characters; etc. Your child will love scrolling over each page!
What's New in Version 5.3
moving and copying cards on iPad bug fix
Wonderful for PECS book!
I appreciate this app so much!!! It is well worth the price! It is extremely easy to use and I love that recording of the word or phrase is available for the pictures. I have two sons on the spectrum with one still nonverbal. This app has allowed me to give him a voice! He is so happier seeing all the icons and options to choose from to express what he needs or wants. Many have commended me on making personal icons for him rather than using only the typical PECS icons and he loves it too. It continues to be a useful tool as new words or items come to mind. I love the air print feature as I have used it to print many times. The app is also useful if I do not have the book with me because I can still open the app and have him choose. Love, love, love this app!!!
Great customizable PECS
I use this app for PECS for my low-verbal son on the Autism Spectrum. I really enjoy the customization that you can create your own pictures with audio clips and written words. I use this app to print picture checklists, schedules, picture (with words!) labels for toy bins, you name it. I wish the app had more built in pictures, which is why did not give it a 5 star. It does require a bit of legwork at first; as you have to develop a 'library' of pictures that are meaningful to you and for those you use the system with.
Again, I really love that you can take photos, use pictures stored on the device and save your own audio clips. After all, everyone on the spectrum is different.