By James Devenish
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
★ October 2011 Bulletin: Some users may experience crashes with iOS 5. I’m currently investigating this.
At last, Pictures for iPhone is the all-in-one organizer for your mobile photo albums: tag your photos, view file info, browse by date, GPS location, and image similarity (in-app purchase), upload to Flickr & Facebook and take camera shots all in one app! View your mobile albums in the natural way: new images at the top. Photo management is made easy with built-in smart albums and tags.
That’s right, it’s a photo organizer, photo gallery, photo uploader, photo mapper and photo info viewer all in one app.
Access to full features requires in-app purchase. Find your favourite feature here:
• A better way to view your iPhone Camera Roll and Photo Libraries.
• Saves better quality photographs than Apple’s Camera app.
• Latest library albums synchronised with iPhoto/iTunes.
• See your most recent photos at the top of the list.
• Auto-rotate landscape and portrait photos to fill the screen.
• Swipe along your album through portrait and landscape axes.
• Smart Albums based on time, GPS location, colour badge or tag.
• Auto-tagging based on date, current GPS location, or search by address.
• Seven built-in colour badges for organising your photos.
• Complete freedom to tag images with your favourite keywords.
• Name your photos for search and export.
• Search for photos by name, date, month or year.
• Tick multiple photos to apply badges, tags, archive or export as a group.
• Find duplicates & similar images.
• Upload to Facebook and Flickr, one-by-one or in batches.
• Built-in FAQs.
• In-app upgrade from the free version to the full version.
• Send as e-mail, one-by-one or in batches.
• Upload tags, geo location, and privacy options to Flickr.
• Automatically scale down large images when sending over cellular data.
• View comprehensive photo including date & time, megapixels, file size, and aspect ratio.
• List of photos taken nearby your current GPS location.
• View geo-tagged photos on a world map.
• View photos based on their proximity to any other geo-tagged photo.
• Remembers your gallery scroll position.
• View thumbnails, filenames, date and file size at-a-glance.
• View the image count, latest date, and total kilobytes of each album.
• Create calendar events based on photo dates.
• Archive and unarchive your photos.
• Auto-scale large images to fit.
• Zoom and pan on large images.
• View full-screen (tap/hold).
• View small images at their natural size (unscaled).
• Double-tap to zoom into individual pixels (full resolution – double-tap or two-finger tap).
• Export photos and videos to other iPhone apps (doesn’t require iPhoto).
• Send feedback to the app’s developer with in-app contact.
Top features requested for the next version:
• Emoticon tags.
• Movie player.
Send me feedback about the features you want to see!
This app lets me create virtual folders. The only thing I did not like was that made me turn on my location to use. I bought the full version. Verrrry happy with it so far does just what I needed for my photo organizing.
Great idea, but too buggy to use
Can view photos, but tagging is buggy. Once iAds appear one can no longer tag. All previous work disappears. Wait until bugs are fixed.
Crashes on iOS 5.1.1
I am an iPhoneographer and this app would be of use if it worked. I regularly keep 1k-2k hi-res photos on my iPhone 4, so mgmt tools help a lot.
I cannot say anymore as I've never seen it work. ;-)
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Photo & Video
- Released: Jan 19, 2011
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 2.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: James Devenish
- © 2011 James Devenish
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Full Version$1.99