Pie in the Sky Trail
By Designsensory, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Pie in the Sky App
Come hungry, to your jaunt on the Pie in the Sky Trail. Get your fill of Southern goodness at the National Cornbread Festival, and visit Lodge Cast Iron to pick up a cornbread skillet for baking your own at home. Sample pastries from Tennessee’s oldest family-owned bakery, and fill up on comfort food at a working farm. In season, you'll find farm stands overflowing with fresh produce, and chances are you'll catch some live bluegrass music along the way.
Let this app be your guide to more than 131 points of interest along the Pie in the Sky Trail. Filter points of Interest by interest category or "favorite" and reorder points of interest to fit your schedule and travel plans. Search points of interest nearest to you or find upcoming events along the trail. With this app and a customized trail experience in the palm of your hand, it's time hit the trail!
• View points of interest as a list, tiles or in a map
• "Favorite" points of interest to create a custom trail itinerary
• Share points of interest on Facebook, check in to points of interest or upload a photo
• View points of interest by category and see how many points of interest are included in each category
• Filter points of interest by interest category including What's Nearby, Food & Wine, Nature & Outdoors, Attractions, Sports & Rec, Civil War, History & Heritage, Agritourism or Music & Arts.
• View "Did You Knows?" along the trail for interesting facts about the trail's points of interest
• Click on a point of interest to read a full description, view photos and find contact information
• Find events along the trail throughout the year
• Click on the trail playlist to enjoy trail-related tunes
About Pie in the Sky
Let Pie in the Sky, a Discover Tennessee Trails & Byways initiative. be your jumping-off point for a trek through beautiful Southeast Tennessee. This trail is packed with outdoor adventure, traveling to picturesque Fall Creek Falls and four other Tennessee state parks. Whether you're a seasoned hiker or a strolling nature lover, the views on this mountain trail are some of the best Tennessee has to offer. Get a dose of history at Civil War sites, check out county museums and stroll the European-inspired University of the South in Sewanee.
Pie in the Sky Trail begins in Chattanooga, presenting fantastic restaurants and shopping, Civil War heritage and nightlife, as the trail curls through peaks and valleys. Visit Tennessee Aquarium, the robust riverfront with nature cruises and Bluff View Art District. Minutes from downtown Chattanooga is Lookout Mountain, with Ruby Falls, Rock City and the Incline Railroad. There's MoonPies, stunning waterfalls, Sequatchie Valley and a wealth of recreation. Make plans so you don’t miss a "piece of the pie"!
What's New in Version 2.01
Updated load speed.
Additional location images.
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Jul 15, 2014
- Version: 2.01
- Size: 19.2 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Designsensory, Inc.
- © 2014 Designsensory, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.