Piiig Labs: Science Experiments for Kids
By Piiig Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Science experiments can be fun without the mess!
Piiig Labs is a digital playground for your child to explore science concepts in an old fashioned way, by putting together mini projects and learning through interaction and sometimes trial and error. By being “hands on” in the building process, kids get an inside look at how things work!
Through play-based learning, the app is a perfect way to introduce kids in kindergarten and elementary school to general science subjects such as energy, force, sound, plants, space and more!
• 12 interactive experiments with assembly parts
• Build a light bulb circuit and turn it on/off
• Put together a radio and tune to 5 different stations!
• Mix baking soda and vinegar for a volcanic eruption!
• Match animal sounds to the right farm animal
• Grow a venus flytrap and catch insects!
• Put planets in the right order and land a rocket on each one as they orbit
• Use a microscope to magnify common household objects
• Themes: electricity, circuits, chemical reaction, color mixing, radio frequency, vortex, plant life cycle, solar system and more!
• Child-friendly design
• NO third party advertising
• NO in-app purchases
English, Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Chinese, Japanese and Korean
Piiig Labs is suitable for kids from 3-7 years old.
TESTIMONIALS FROM REAL USERS:
"Can I play that lovely game? The one I can make things in.” – Elsie, 3 year old user
“Tessa’s favorite was the colored volcano task. She enjoyed mixing colors and seeing the results. She knows how to make green, purple, brown, etc…but it was impressive for her to make it come to life.” – Lisa M., parent of 3
“I wish this app was around when I was still teaching! It would’ve been perfect for my science class.” – David C., former science teacher at Otago Boys’ School
What do you call a pig with three eyes? Piiig!
Piiig is a digital lab for making child-friendly apps that combine education and game elements to create a learning experience that is both fun and engaging.
If you have any feedback, suggestions or issues, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 1.9
Fixed a bug which causes the parent section to crash on iOS 9.
For younger children
This is a great app for children ages 4-6. It's advertised for 6-8 year olds. I have a 7yo who is interested in how things work, so this app seemed perfect. Nope, way to simple. She would have loved this app a couple of years ago. Kids that are curious about how things work have moved past this level of app by 6 years. There aren't many quality STEM apps for kids like mine, and finding one that isn't a repeat of every other one is a big deal. We were disappointed. It gets 3 stars for being a unique quality app, just not for this age group.
My 6 year old enjoys the simple experiments in this app. At first the experiments appear locked but they open one at a time after you complete the preceding one.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Apr 25, 2016
- Version: 1.9
- Size: 153 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Natural World, Limited
- © Piiig Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.